Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

give up smoking!!!!!!!!!!

Options
  • 03-04-2008 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Desperately want to kick the habit, and am useless when it comes to using gums,patches etc....i just end up not using them and revert back to smoking. I think the only way out for me is to get mind conditioned!! i am aware that there are several people in Galway that provide a hypnosis service for giving up smoking. I would like to know if there are any success stories using hypnosis to give up the smokes, or if anyone can recommend a good hypnotist.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

• Registered Users Posts: 39 traceyde

Thanks

thanks again, had a look....... varied opinions etc.....as for the nicotine patch was in galway chemist lately...man in his 50,s ahead of me in queue gave perscription to chemist and said "the usual please"....she supplied him with "the Patch"....and asked him "how long now"... he replied he was now off the cigs for 5 years...WTF is the sense in that off the cigs for five years and on the patch for 5 years.... i cant believe that she actually said to him "well done you are doing great".....still looking for hypnosis....need some radical mind conditioning i think??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

judging by this place and from talking to people in general Alan Carr's method seems as effective as anything else. have you read his stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

I'm off them since March 1st, I went cold turkey and my mate went on the patches. It's always to give them up along with someone else to give you support.
    Good luck giving up :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Buy a boat

Buy lots of food

Go to island

Sink boat

Live on island, eat food, become crusty. No smokes there, and no shops to buy smokes = no smoking!

Viola!

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

Get someone to punch you in the face, really hard, if they see you smoking!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

traceyde wrote: »
    thanks again, had a look....... varied opinions etc.....as for the nicotine patch was in galway chemist lately...man in his 50,s ahead of me in queue gave perscription to chemist and said "the usual please"....she supplied him with "the Patch"....and asked him "how long now"... he replied he was now off the cigs for 5 years...WTF is the sense in that off the cigs for five years and on the patch for 5 years.... i cant believe that she actually said to him "well done you are doing great".....still looking for hypnosis....need some radical mind conditioning i think??

try reading the book, i am off the cigarettes 4 months or so now and no pangs, the book is only the price of a couple of fags so try it, patches etc are b~~lsh#t as they don't get ya off nicotine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

For hypnotherapy, there used to be a Polish woman in the health shop on Sea Road who had a great reputation. However, you really have to want to get off the cigs.

I went of them for lent 2007 (did a week of patches and then cold turkey), and my partner went off them for lent this year. So far so good.

There is also the boards giving up smoking forum here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=871, which I think has already been given. Some good advice and support there.

Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭sam69

I kicked the habit last November. Can highly recommend this guy, Joe Thornton. hes based out newar ballybane industrial estate.

www.visualisationinaction.com

• Advertisement

thanks for the tip.... will look him up

:DThanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

traceyde wrote: »
    thanks for the tip.... will look him up

:DThanks
    You're even thinking about them now. Aaaggggghhhhhh!

sooooooooo funny ha

quite right.... going to ring this guy tomorro that sam69 recommended and take it from there....................

Advertisement