Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you single people do with all your spare time?

Options
  • 03-04-2008 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭

So what do you do to fill time when all of your friends are off with their significant other?

I find the weekends can be long and tend to plan well ahead... I go out a lot (prob too much :o ) and watch a lot of dvd's.. In fact I dont really know what I do with my time :) and am just curious what other people do especially over the weekends.

SS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

I mod

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭sidneykidney

Post on boards :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭johny28

I'm on trhe same boat as yours when my freinds are away or busy with their better half..

One thing I do hough is that I try to find new things to try...

May be you any I should get together for a chat sometime this weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

work - I work as a freelance artist so I set my own hours which can be good but deadlines are usually tight so often have all nighters. Also I don't have weekdays and weekends I just have days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

johny28 wrote: »
    May be you any I should get together for a chat sometime this weekend :)

Haha thanks for the offer but I have a face like a bag of hammers so you would not want to be seen in public with me ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

SarahSassy wrote: »
    Haha thanks for the offer but I have a face like a bag of hammers so you would not want to be seen in public with me ;)

Well maybe he has a face like a bag of nails.

Could be the perfect match.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

SarahSassy & MonkeyFudge.. .

Thats very cool of you both to do that!! I'm the same. I work monday to Friday so the weekends are my own, and can be hard to occupy ones mind. . So I do alot of shopping, and waste money on clothes I dont need. but hey. . . Whats a single girl to do who has nothing else to do with her time?? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Geez!! Any baby faces here??? ;)

I spend my time in college, then work, then college, then more work. Almost all of my friends are in relationships so I go out the odd time when my few single buddies are around.

I try not to go out with couples anymore. I always end up on my own (well with random freaks trying it on) when they're off schmoozing! After a spiking incident last year I've learned to never go out with just a couple

wow mizzlolly, thats a bit mad alright. hope your ok after it??

Its very hard to get comfortable in the company of a couple. and hard to have a conversation without it referring back to the couple.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

ChewChew wrote: »
    Its very hard to get comfortable in the company of a couple. and hard to have a conversation without it referring back to the couple.

Thats a whole other thread :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Oh and to answer the question... I don't have too much spare time, so unfortunately it's not that big an issue for me.

I like to spend as much time as possible sleeping on the weekend... mmm... lovely sleep.

your soooo right SS. . . lets not go there. . ;)

wow mizzlolly, thats a bit mad alright. hope your ok after it??

Yeah I'm fine thanks. The lovely bouncers stepped in and saved me. I think I was hitting them though, I can't remember. I don't know what the hell happened. Have to say, they were great though! They noticed what was happening before I did (coz I didn't really even know my name at the time :o)

Pr*ck! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭fits

I work monday to Friday so the weekends are my own, and can be hard to occupy ones mind. . So I do alot of shopping, and waste money on clothes I dont need. but hey. . . Whats a single girl to do who has nothing else to do with her time?? :confused:

If I had money, I could think of loadsa things I'd get up to on the weekend. Unfortunately, I've been on the breadline for something like 200 million years now so all I can do is dream. I'd spend my weekends mucking about with horses and dogs and travelling and eating otherwise I reckon. And I want to do a photography course (I dont even have a camera), and yoga, and go to more gigs.
    Being single with a bit of money sounds perfectly dreamy to me at the moment tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

For the last while I've been spending my weekends studying for mcps to get a better job - borrrrrring. In between that I buy myself presents (for studying), sleep , post on boards, read other peoples posts on boards, play some games, and generally potter around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭eclectictrek

MizzLolly wrote: »

I spend my time in college, then work, then college, then more work. Almost all of my friends are in relationships so I go out the odd time when my few single buddies are around.

Yeah sounds familiar MizzLolly, i do the exact same with my time, college..work..college..work.. And yeah my friends are all (apart from a couple) in relationships!! Do you find it to be as much of a pain as i do sometimes? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

The gym a few times a week. Read, write, do photography, learn about Photoshop ( the last two have been taking a lot of my time lately ), trying to get back painting and drawing again as well. Surf the web of course, listen to music a lot while i am doing all that, head to the cinema, meet friends for drinks and meals, go to gigs quite a bit, normally every two weeks or so, lots of club nights, wander around town and see stuff like museums and galleries, practice poi, hang out with friends.

By and large what everyone else does but a lot of it because i don't sleep.

Yeah sounds familiar MizzLolly, i do the exact same with my time, college..work..college..work.. And yeah my friends are all (apart from a couple) in relationships!! Do you find it to be as much of a pain as i do sometimes? ;)

Yeah, it's an absolute bitch. Repetitive and exhausting!!!! :(
    Then when you have assignments due its so hard to keep your job going and get all the college work done too.

Then when its all over and you just wana kick back and relax, there's always that time when all your coupled friends are with their partners in the cinema or walking around the park or something (even though they invite you along too) you always refuse coz you feel like a third wheel.(I did even when I was in relationships and my partner wasn't around) So then you work and work and work .... and at the end of it all you can look forward to... going to work!! lol ;) Aint it fun! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭eclectictrek

you always refuse coz you feel like a third wheel.(I did even when I was in relationships and my partner wasn't around) So then you work and work and work .... and at the end of it all you can look forward to... going to work!! lol ;) Aint it fun! :D

I here ya!! :)Iv noticed since breaking up with my ex 5 months ago, iv even been asked out along with the coupled friend with the boyfriend on a night out alot...Come on now!! N then setting me up with the bf's not so hot friend:confused: ...Im in work tomorrow, give me a break ay lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

SarahSassy wrote: »
    So what do you do to fill time when all of your friends are off with their significant other?

SS

I very rarely come to this forum but a quick scan of the recent threads finds you banging on about relationships in all of them. What gives?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

The weekends? Hmmm, mostly animal sacrifices and rituals - then on Sunday night i surf the net looking for the best way to get animal blood out of ceremonial robes.*

*this is the anwer i give people on a Monday when i'm feeling a little grouchy and not-yet-fully awake.

I here ya!! :)Iv noticed since breaking up with my ex 5 months ago, iv even been asked out along with the coupled friend with the boyfriend on a night out alot...Come on now!! N then setting me up with the bf's not so hot friend:confused: ...Im in work tomorrow, give me a break ay lol

lol yeah exactly!
    Gyalist wrote: »
    I very rarely come to this forum but a quick scan of the recent threads finds you banging on about relationships in all of them. What gives?

coz we're not in relationships and we're tryna make a point that if all threads in here MUST be relationship related then we can start talking about being single!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

lol yeah exactly!

coz we're not in relationships and we're tryna make a point that if all threads in here MUST be relationship related then we can start talking about being single!!

OK, cool. Just seemed a tad obsessive.

lol yeah exactly!

As a single sister....I can't help feeling that logic is petty, and smacks of insecurity.

Gyalist wrote: »
    OK, cool. Just seemed a tad obsessive.

No.. more frantic tbh. Having been insulted endlessly, it is only fair!
    Moonbaby wrote: »
    As a single sister....I can't help feeling that logic is petty, and smacks of insecurity.

Having been called an old spinster by a mod here... yes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

If these threads are being created purely 'just to makes a point' then I see them as baiting. i don't really understand what has been happening but I am going to close this one until I hear a more logical argument.

And back off, I didn't make the thread!

I answered for Sarah. I imagine they are her reasons in any case!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Thread re-opened as per SarahS's request. Please no more derailing and keep it on topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Tbh I would be worried where I would fit dating into my life right now never mind a new relationship, my life is pretty full between my kids, family, friends and doing thinks I want and like to do.
    My weekend get booked up pretty fast.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭aye

weekends are spent with gym, study, going out, meeting friends, calling down to my dad, watching a film maybe, washing the car etc.

i find they arent long enough to be honest, always running around.
    have college tomorrow so gonna be shorter this weekend!!! :(

Advertisement