Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bicycle shop galway

Options
  • 03-04-2008 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

hello,
    i'm coming over from france at the begining of the summer. I'm into mountain bikes (cross country, freeride) so i was wondering if there is some bike shops where i could get my stuff. Maybe a new bike if there are any good shops. I already have a bike but i don't know if i will bring it with me.
    I've already looked on the forum but what i found is over a year old...
    I checked kearney cycle's website but it doesn't seem to be a real bike shop. They do landmowers...? What if i need my bike to be fixed.

Last question, if i do bring my bike where can i have it serviced ? which shop can check hydraulic brakes, suspension forks, wheels...? is there someone who can bleed a brake?

thank you for your ansewers
    Fred

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

To my knowledge the best place in Galway is currently Nigel's Cycles. I haven't done business there myself yet but I've heard very good things. Kearney's was probably the best cycle shop in Galway a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭EhBenDisDonc

Fred,
    I recently bought a road-bike from Nigel's, and can tell you that the service is excellent. Nigel had a good reputation long before setting up his own shop.
    If you're trying to decide whether to buy in France or Galway, you should give him a call for prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Killgore Trout

ha129803 wrote: »
    I checked kearney cycle's website but it doesn't seem to be a real bike shop. They do landmowers...? What if i need my bike to be fixed.

I popped into Kearney's when over in Galway a few months ago - I found the staff helpful and they knew their bikes.

No harm in a bit of business diversity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Nigel's would be my first choice as I have had bad expierence's with most of the other shops in Galway. Nigel is an avid cyclist himself which is always a good thing in a bike shop owner. Send him an email with your queries.

How long are you staying for that you need repairs or is it a 'just in case' thing?

Also chainreaction and cyclesuperstore have very good online websites and both are based in Ireland and delivery time is usually quick.

www.chainreactioncycles.com

www.cyclesuperstore.ie

Advertisement