Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friends relationship - what do you not like/like?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

a few weeks ago we realised all the girls hadn't seen each other very much so this particular girl invited us down to her house for a girly sleepover like the good old days....and her boyfriend was there!!!!!!! for the whole night!!!!

I have a friend like that, I go down to see her every so often (she lives quite far away and dosen't drive) so I travel to her and stay over. The past few times I have gone down her OH has been there and sits yaking with us and dosen't give us a minute. Really annoys me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

It can be annoying if your friend just tends to ignore you or take you for granted when they're in a relationship. I've a friend who never bothers to meet up or do anything when she has a boyfriend and then just walks back into your life when it ends!
    However, it does annoy me when single friends get obsessed with monitoring your behaviour with your boyfriend. I think the idea of 'girly' nights is hypocritical generally.....it's different if you all arrange to go for a quiet drink/cinema/dinner/dvd night and drag a boyfriend along. That is strange! If it's a night clubbing or going to a pub though then I don't see the problem. It's not like you're going to be having any confidential conversations and it's just a night out! I've been guilted into these only to have previously indignant friends spend the night with random guys. It's okay for single girls to chat up randomers but I can't bring my boyfriend???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Ooooh i have a friend like that :mad:

She did it again lastnight :mad: Texting him all bloody night and then when me and my other friend tried to ignore it and just danced and acted generally drunk and zany she started rolling her eyes!! WTF???? I know I sound mean but I'm too exhausted with her to even try at the moment, I'll just have to avoid her for a while. I don't think it's fair to expect us all to sit around with her while she texts her boyfriend. We're both single so why should we feel obliged to behave a certain way? It not even like they're all smoochy or anything. They fight ALL the time (and to be honest, most of it is just her moaning and looking for drama) but I actually avoid hanging out with them now. I don't wana go out to listen to them fight and make up and fight and make up etc.. all bloody night long!!

Euuurgghhh.... she's driving me nutts!!!!!!! :mad::mad::confused:

Okay, rant over! :cool:

*Now I feel really guilty for venting it. I don't want to hurt her but why can't she just spend a few hours without being on the phone to him?! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I have the same problem as Faerie. All my friends get Girlfriends and then end up constantly cancelling plans at the last minute because "She" wants to do something
    I had one night where me and all my male buddies were going on the piss. I made it perfectly clear that it was a Lads night. They all brought there Girlfriends. I mean now there were 6 of us going out!!! and it turned out that I was actually an 11th wheel!!!

Advertisement