Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Four Branch Manifold

Options
  • 03-04-2008 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I was thinking of getting a 4 branch manifold for my DC5. Is it worth my while?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Iguana Bob

unless you plan to do a good bit more engine and exhaust wise really no point. will get minimal gains little over 5 i would say. does look cool thoe

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

do some research?

join the dc5 owners club and see whats best for the car

http://www.itr-dc5.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭ramanujan

them japs have the balls already tuned off that engine so you have to be very careful trying to improve on it! go ask the experts, ie people who own them!

i'd imagine you'd need to get a full exhaust system to see any real gains, (as that was the case with my mates dc2) oh and it'll inevitabley get unbelievabley loud if your after noticable performance gains

ramanujan wrote: »
    them japs have the balls already tuned off that engine so you have to be very careful trying to improve on it! go ask the experts, ie people who own them!

i'd imagine you'd need to get a full exhaust system to see any real gains, (as that was the case with my mates dc2) oh and it'll inevitabley get unbelievabley loud if your after noticable performance gains

an aftermarket mani + decat + exhaust system will inevitably lead to an increase in noise yes, the dc5 also has problems with heat soak so thats something to look into improving on as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

well tbh what your looking t is 1200-2500 for a good full exhaust ( prices vairy do to the sticker on the box and on the parts ) then a better induction kit ( 100 + ) and then a vtec controller / new ecu which is about 400 quid extra.... and all that for a 20 hp gain ?? thats why i dont like ITR's :)

• Advertisement

S.I.R wrote: »
    .... and all that for a 20 hp gain ?? thats why i dont like ITR's :)

then you dont understand what the ITR is all about, its not about all out power, its about the balance of power to weight, about making the car agile and responsive, about giving the driver control over the machine and giving an experience you want more and more of.

if you want all out power you buy a turbo and you can get massive power of of it but thats at a cost, for a 2.0 na engine the ITR is incredible
    The Integra Type-R appeals to the racing driver in you, the suppressed sliver of your soul which is obsessed with little tricky-bits of engineering that the person in the street is genetically resistant to.

...mods.. and then a vtec controller / new ecu which is about 400 quid extra.... and all that for a 20 hp gain ?? thats why i dont like ITR's :)

vtec controllers are a load of pants. honda put the the changeover at a specific rpm because they are super engineering gurus, why mess with that!
    and with a name like SIR i find it hard to imagine you finding a 240 brake integra with a slick 6 speed box slow.... they're savage cars if you can live with the "image"

true a vtec controller is a waste of money, it'll let you set the vtec point to whatever you want but wont change the feuling to suit so the car will run lean or too rich.

you can get a new ecu, spoon one will drop the vtec point a bit and will adjust the other needs of the engine too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Lani wrote: »
    I was thinking of getting a 4 branch manifold for my DC5. Is it worth my while?

Yes! I bought a DC Sports 4-2-1 Manifold(sports cat incl) for my DC5 there about 2 months ago, its paired up with a 5Zigen exhaust.. The extra sound when it hits the Vtec is excellent.. The extra kick you get as well makes it well worth it too....

Next stage is a box airfilter, e.g Mugen.. as yes there would be a lot of heat soak with a Aem V2, unless of course you heat wrap the manifold.

Vtec controllers on an i-vtec are not as effective, better to get a K-Pro and have ur car rolling roaded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

draffodx wrote: »
    then you dont understand what the ITR is all about, its not about all out power, its about the balance of power to weight, about making the car agile and responsive, about giving the driver control over the machine and giving an experience you want more and more of.

if you want all out power you buy a turbo and you can get massive power of of it but thats at a cost, for a 2.0 na engine the ITR is incredible

everyone knows thaat if you need a good 2.0 n/a engine you go for a b10 10 valve E30 bmw engine , not the most powerful of lumps but the 6-pot has alot of tourqe and yes , ive drive , been in and work on a few dc2/dc2's and tbh there quite over rated ( much like the nissan skyline , ford mustang and subaru impreza )

if need to be a show off ( or scene kid as there known )

ill buy a dc5 integra , put a ITR kit on it with the white OZ wheels and red interior , paint it white and be original ,

if i need something fun of the same price ill supercharge a e30 and with all the spare change ill upgrade the brakes suspention and add a rollcage...

wonder what would win , let alone look better standing still

But then again

Every man to his own i suppose , i just hate people wasting there money :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

everyone knows thaat if you need a good 2.0 n/a engine you go for a b10 10 valve E30 bmw engine , not the most powerful of lumps but the 6-pot has alot of tourqe and yes , ive drive , been in and work on a few dc2/dc2's and tbh there quite over rated ( much like the nissan skyline , ford mustang and subaru impreza )

:D (everyone knows) :D
    ?? :D (dc2/dc2's) :D ??

alot of torque but lack of power in what way does that compare to the B18c which sarifices performance torque to make the car more drivable daily while using vtec technology to give the car power when the driver wants it, everyone is aware of hondas lack of torque
    if need to be a show off ( or scene kid as there known )

I am neither a show off or a "scene kid" and being a part of the itr owners club i've not come across anyone that drives an itr that would fit this vague stereotype, true there may be some that do but this is true of any car especially a E30 316 or 318 bmw!
    ill buy a dc5 integra , put a ITR kit on it with the white OZ wheels and red interior , paint it white and be original ,

this makes no sense, thats a standard dc5 itr
    if i need something fun of the same price ill supercharge a e30 and with all the spare change ill upgrade the brakes suspention and add a rollcage...

wonder what would win , let alone look better standing still

you'll supercharge a car to give you the same power as a standard itr and without any of the refinements that a performance car like the itr has, brakes and suspension and rollcage are not the only things you would need
    But then again

Every man to his own i suppose , i just hate people wasting there money :rolleyes:

why would someone paying for what they want be a waste of money? I spent nearly 18 months researching what car I wanted, I researched 14 cars, I test drove them all to death, including BMW's and the ITR DC2 came out on top in everyway, in no way did I find it over rated, bang for buck its perfect unlike your suggestion of a e30 140bhp BMW :rolleyes:

everyone knows thaat if you need a good 2.0 n/a engine you go for a b10 10 valve E30 bmw engine

I thought if you needed a good 2.0 n/a you went for the lump in a s2000. Thats one impressive engine. I'm sure the bimmer engine was impressive in it's era, but wouldnt touch a modern tuned 2 litre four pot.

probably sounds better though.

ramanujan wrote: »
    I thought if you needed a good 2.0 n/a you went for the lump in a s2000. Thats one impressive engine. I'm sure the bimmer engine was impressive in it's era, but wouldnt touch a modern tuned 2 litre four pot.

probably sounds better though.

Nahh the K20A engine is the one to go for IMO, esp if you do a conversion on an EK9.

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Nahh the K20A engine is the one to go for IMO, esp if you do a conversion on an EK9.

cant decide between a K20 in my dc2 or a turbo car when I start earning money in the future!

draffodx wrote: »
    cant decide between a K20 in my dc2 or a turbo car when I star earning money in the future!

Ah get a luvly BMW 316i will ya? hahaha! ;)

K20A in a DC2 would be pretty sweet though... But if i had lots of money id go for a WRX STi :)

Advertisement