Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"You have failed to connect. Please check you network connections" :(

Options
  • 03-04-2008 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all. Getting the dreaded "You have failed to connect. Please check you network connections" error, and haven't a clue what's to be done.

All ports are forwarded on the router, firewall is allowing it (have tried turning it off, no effect), I can see the servers, but can't connect.

Have reinstalled the game, it has the 1.41 patch installed, but still it won't connect. Pity, as I'm intending on playing some of the mods.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Is this happening on all servers?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Yes :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Well, one thing that some people have said worked is removing the 'play now' in the desktop shortcut.

Check Ea support.

To be honest, I'm on 1mb ntl wireless, shared with 3 other people, and I haven't been able to connect to a server in a long time, same error.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Did ye run bf2 cleaner? check network setting and make sure its on dsl option. This worked for me a few times, or a reinstall bf2 folder is in the documents folder and you can manually clear cache from it there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mikef25

BATTLEFIELD 2 CONNECTION PROBLEM

"You have failed to connect" -message appearing when trying to enter server from server list

I just called the EA headquarters in Redwood City California and was told that the problem is GTA IV, go figure. GameSpy manages both BF2 and GTA IV online play and I think it's no surprise this has happened since GTA IV has to my knowledge broke all the previous sales records. And has multiplayer.

Let's hope EA and GameSpy manage to solve this problem as soon as possible. The estimate was about a week, but it may still take longer. Thumbs up for EA and GameSpy, nobody could predict this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

mikef25 banned for spamming (same post found on other forums with new registered account):

But also, lets not forget:
    - EA does not publish or release GTA so have nothing to do with it.
    - GameSpy is not used in GTA so this is not a cause for it.

Enjoy your aids.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

From looking around the world, it seems to be intermittend problems with various GameSpy servers having the 'ole wobbley. As we all know, most problems with BF2 seem to be due to GameSpy anyway, what a terrible system it always has been.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

I had Connection problems for a good while.
    Manually updating PunkBuster seemed to sort it out..

Advertisement