Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fianna Fail sneak Worzel Gummidge [Bev] back in

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

It doesn't matter what you do in FF it seems to me anyway. Convenient time to bring her back in. I'll laugh if they make her a minister.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Unshelved

Isn't Daddy Pee Flynn due to give evidence to the Mahon Tribunal on Tuesday?

Not that I'm suggesting a connection between that and Bev's welcome back into the FF fold. Perish the thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Ms.Flynn has all the credentials for a FF member/TD, soon to be a Minister no doubt, maybe even Taoiseach. Ms Flynn is not modest and has a brass neck, she truly believes IMO that she is deserving of greater things in the political world.

Would one expect anything less of Ahern to put a prospective thorn in Mr.Cowan's side by getting Ms.Flynn back into the fold and Mr.Cowan the one who proposed that she was thrown out of the party in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭CK.1

I wonder if the Flynns know something about Ahern that he wants to keep secret, perhaps something the tribunal would like to know about.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,832 ✭✭✭SeanW

The Flynns have a deep seated arrogance as a family trait. Who can forget P. Flynn's performance on the Late Late 5-10 years ago when he complained about how hard it was to run 3 houses staffed with maids and a fleet of cars on £140,000-odd annual income?

Bev was found to have aided and abetted tax evaders @NIB. Her subsequent failed libel action has, after settlements, left RTE (funded by taxpayers and licenseholders) out of pocket by something in the order of €1-1.5 million.

That she feels so at home in FF, and the fact that they've been wanting to bring her back in for some time now, may legitimately lead some to question the standards that party holds.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

SeanW wrote: »
    That she feels so at home in FF, and the fact that they've been wanting to bring her back in for some time now, may legitimately lead some to question the standards that party holds.

You'd think, wouldn't ya ?

But look at the track record....

Haughey, Burke, Lawlor, [and to an as-yet-unknown-extent] Ahern.....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    You'd think, wouldn't ya ?

But look at the track record....

Haughey, Burke, Lawlor, [and to an as-yet-unknown-extent] Ahern.....

You are forgetting all the tax defaulters with off shore accounts as well as Mr Stroke Fahy who although only a Co Councillor actually did time for his deeds.
    I believe he is still in the party ?
    I am surpirsed Lowry didn't join, he would be at home :rolleyes:

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 8,832 ✭✭✭SeanW

Now she's fishing for a Ministerial post ...
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0404/flynnb.html

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Diairist

in the interest of not confusing the public (you know - the crowd that re-elected Bertie. Again.) she dropped the Cooper bit of the name. Tuesday? Daddy? Tribunal? How interesting...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Maskhadov

FF bit of a joke isnt it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Also in the papers today P. Flynn as the artist, showing his work at an exhibition in Castlebar next week. The Family Flynn have an artistic sensitive member then? Numbers again I suppose, only this time its paint by numbers.

Advertisement