Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banning - An Idiotic Activity

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭Article43

Ibid wrote: »
    Article43, as I said on the other thread, you were not banned for calling two separate users idiots. I only warned you for that. And for those that asked, the relevant link is here.

It was your response to the warning that got you banned.

Ibid - I will respond to you as you have made a very logical post, but as for the others, well, any idiot can see where they are coming from; they are the so called elite forum group members, who rattle up thousands of posts, the majority of which has NO substance whatsoever, and then they try and ridicule me, what a joke, really!

I was banned as you say, but this does not change the facts. Two members, one of whom has admitted that he works in the area under discussion, made an idiotic statement ( he actually made several, but for now we will leave it at just one) in relation to the subject matter.

He should know better if he is working in this area, or should he?

Maybe he is a typical example of the chartacter of all his fellow workers - the so called experts who trade with other peoples money, and who, when the value of a trusted contributor's portfolio drops 36%, and in some cases +50%, blame it on the "Market" :rolleyes:

Think about the logic of what I say - and I can assure you that thousands of new, and future pensioners, will agree with me on many aspects of this matter.

These people are idiots to the higest degree- the peole who invest in these schemes are just ignorant, as they do not have the experience and knowledge to make an informed decision, so they rely on what these idiots tell them, and to crown it all, they operate in a so called regulated market.

Oh yes, sorry, I forgot, the regulations are set by Government, how comforting, as, we all know how well our Governmenet officials are in guiding the nations populus in relation to financial matters :rolleyes:

Do you all remember Bertie telling everyone last year that the "Experts" got it all wrong in relation to house prices, and how people have no ned to worry about borrowing - ask those who have bought new properties in the last 1.5 years was he right :rolleyes:

The usual suspects can continue to rattle up their post counts, as that is what the do best,as for anything of substance from this group, well, all I will say is that you wil be waiting a ling time, for they are not in touch with reality, mostly due to shooting too may guns at others as they dance across imaginery scenes, what a mentality, really :rolleyes:

So, if you delete my posts, as I am willing to ease back some bit and you can leave the thread and other peoples posts, I will resume to posting in the I&M forum, if you do not, then I will not post there again.

Do we have a deal - as I have some valuable information for those that are interested in learning how to control thier own finances, and it will not cost them a penny, guaranteed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Still open? *scratches head*
    Article43 wrote: »
    These people are idiots to the higest degree- the peole who invest in these schemes are just ignorant, as they do not have the experience and knowledge to make an informed decision, so they rely on what these idiots tell them, and to crown it all, they operate in a so called regulated market.

Educate them then like you said you would in your original post in I&M. You said you would answer all questions. Instead you called them idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Ibid - I will respond to you as you have made a very logical post, but as for the others, well, any idiot can see where they are coming from; they are the so called elite forum group members, who rattle up thousands of posts, the majority of which has NO substance whatsoever, and then they try and ridicule me, what a joke, really!
    So you are disregarding everything everyone else bar what Ibid has said by a simple wave of your hand. Nice.

Sherifu wrote: »
    Still open? *scratches head*

As I said, all one has to do is look at the number of posts under the nick, this shows right away as to who we are dealing with.

Enough for now, I will let you, and the rest of your "buddies" get on with what ye do best :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

As I said, all one has to do is look at the number of posts under the nick, this shows right away as to who we are dealing with.

Enough for now, I will let you, and the rest of your "buddies" get on with what ye do best :rolleyes:
    That's right, ignore the rest of my post you pompous git.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Article43: Truth be told (and I'm going to get lynched for this), we can't delete your posts just yet as they're being used by one of the moderators in I&M as he's writing a book to teach others how to learn about markets/investments etc. They'll be gone eventually, but reproduced in the book. Hope that eases your mind somewhat, as far as I'm aware it should be published by June and as one of the main contributors I'll be sure you get sent a copy, perhaps with an autograph?

You should be aware at this stage that anything you post becomes the property of Boards.ie, as outlined when joining the website.

rb_ie wrote: »
    Article43: Truth be told (and I'm going to get lynched for this), we can't delete your posts just yet as they're being used by one of the moderators in I&M as he's writing a book to teach others how to learn about markets/investments etc. They'll be gone eventually, but reproduced in the book. Hope that eases your mind somewhat, as far as I'm aware it should be published by June and as one of the main contributors I'll be sure you get sent a copy, perhaps with an autograph?

You should be aware at this stage that anything you post becomes the property of Boards.ie, as outlined when joining the website.

You jest of course :)

Are you one of the owners of this site, as I find it hard to distinguish who is who around here, another very common problem on all of these internet forums.

A more logical nick for one with high authority might be something like;

Owner

or

Boss

then we can all see who is who!

I assume that like all of these boards, board.ie is a privately owned public forum.

I did hear an article on the radio recently, that they are considering introducing legislation into this area, as the exact detail in relation to database privacy rules leave a lot to be desired.

Are you aware of any such legislation that is on the horizon?

Thx.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Ah... the infamous "people with more posts get taken more seriously" whinge. Of course you're right. Boards is an elite club that is next to impossible to join, and those of us who are members (granted I, for one, have never actually met any fellow Boards user but a minor detail like that is hardly of importance) look down our noses and LAUGH at people with a low post-count.
    And you should also know that most of these posts are not actually accumulated by the "elite" users of Boards themselves through regular contributions over the years. Oh no. Huge volumes of posts are awarded to us every so often as gifts to make us feel more superior.

Yep, you're being victimised due to all of the above. Nothing to do with the fact that you're a twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Yawn.
    funny-pictures-superior-cat-on-horse.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

He is not jesting. You haven't any idea about intellectual copyright, do you? This is a private forum and all posts belong to the forum and its owners.

And yes, rb is the CEO as stated under his nick. [Isn't it a fine, level-headed nick?]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

smashey wrote: »
    Yawn.
    funny-pictures-superior-cat-on-horse.jpg

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

well, any idiot can see where they are coming from; .

No every one, but then you are a very specific type of idiot.

are you not banned yet?

And I hope RB.ie jests as well, and its a jest in very poor taste.

He is pandering to your self affirming, egocentrism and is going to do no good to you in the long run.

Fortunately I am not.

The I&M forum moderator, with help from WhiteWashMan (Moderator of the "Writing a Book" forum) along with many contributions from the I&M forum are producing a book titled "Investments & Marketing : A True Beginners Guide", or at least that is how the title stands at the moment. However, it's subject to change pre-publication, like most.

It's quite a noble project if I may say so myself, quite a high % of sales will be going to the hospitals aided by Boards.ie yearly as a charitable donation.

If you want to forward me an email address, I can have someone let you know when it's released?

You will be credited for your contributions however, not financially but certainly not without mention :)
    Article43 wrote:
    Are you one of the owners of this site, as I find it hard to distinguish who is who around here, another very common problem on all of these internet forums.

See SlowCoaches post.
    Article43 wrote:

A more logical nick for one with high authority might be something like;

Owner

or

Boss

then we can all see who is who!

Well, the taglines do provide the necessary information to be honest. Admin - Moderator - etc. The admins are all co-owners of the site.
    Article43 wrote:
    I assume that like all of these boards, board.ie is a privately owned public forum.

Indeed
    Article43 wrote:

I did hear an article on the radio recently, that they are considering introducing legislation into this area, as the exact detail in relation to database privacy rules leave a lot to be desired.

Are you aware of any such legislation that is on the horizon?

Thx.

I am indeed, there was quite the discussion about it on the legal discussion forums quite a while back also.

Dudess wrote: »
    Ah... the infamous "people with more posts get taken more seriously" whinge. Of course you're right. Boards is an elite club that is next to impossible to join, and those of us who are members (granted I, for one, have never actually met any fellow Boards user but a minor detail like that is hardly of importance) look down our noses and LAUGH at people with a low post-count.
    And you should also know that most of these posts are not actually accumulated by the "elite" users of Boards themselves through regular contributions over the years. Oh no. Huge volumes of posts are awarded to us every so often as gifts to make us feel more superior.

Yep, you're being victimised due to all of the above. Nothing to do with the fact that you're a twat.

As I said, you misspelled the "e" for an "a" :rolleyes:

Slow coach wrote: »
    He is not jesting. You haven't any idea about intellectual copyright, do you? This is a private forum and all posts belong to the forum and its owners.

And yes, rb is the CEO as stated under his nick. [Isn't it a fine, level-headed nick?]

All is now becoming clearer - but as usual, you live up to your nick.

Marksie: Where have you been? How did you not know about the book?
    Please catch up in the mod forum as soon as possible, I'm quite shocked that you weren't aware of the boards.ie book and it shows your lack of interest in your role here, which will certainly be reflected in your next modding pay cheque.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

TROLL RATING (0 Nada ~ 5 High)

Yawn Factor = 5
    Originality/creativity = 1
    Lameness = 5 (OP enjoys pretending he's God for some reason)
    Credibility/Valid Points = 0
    Contribution to boards.ie = 0
    Contribution to my life = 0

Conclusion = Waste of cyberspace.

Well, the taglines do provide the necessary information to be honest. Admin - Moderator - etc. The admins are all co-owners of the site.

Well well well, why am I not surprised, it shows very clearly, but for those who actually have a genuine desire for learning something of value, I will continue to post on this site for now, but I must warn you all, if you do not change your attitudes, then I may just go away and let you all get on with your little shooting games :rolleyes:

NP

NP
    Ah good, then you're happy to accept that all future and past contributions to Boards.ie may be reproduced with consent from the owners of Boards.ie ltd?

Also, be sure that you've read each forums charter and posting guidelines before posting to avoid any further conflict, and be aware that any bans handed out are completely at the moderators discretion.

I might also ask, what attitudes are you referring to?

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Popinjay

Well well well, why am I not surprised, it shows very clearly, but for those who actually have a genuine desire for learning something of value, I will continue to post on this site for now, but I must warn you all, if you do not change your attitudes, then I may just go away and let you all get on with your little shooting games

Thank you for your consideration. I'm delighted to hear that you will continue to post for the time being. I will do my best to make the rest of the people posting in this thread realise the foolishness of their ingratitude for your tireless efforts to enlighten.

I hope I can aid you in improving the attitudes of these people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

Marksie: Where have you been? How did you not know about the book?
    Please catch up in the mod forum as soon as possible, I'm quite shocked that you weren't aware of the boards.ie book and it shows your lack of interest in your role here, which will certainly be reflected in your next modding pay cheque.

I will look now

Marksie wrote: »
    I will look now
    Good man. Your ban target is 240 for the month of April by the way, you're only on 3 so get cracking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Well well well, why am I not surprised, it shows very clearly, but for those who actually have a genuine desire for learning something of value, I will continue to post on this site for now, but I must warn you all, if you do not change your attitudes, then I may just go away and let you all get on with your little shooting games

I'm glad he's sticking around, this guy is quite entertaining to read and he's brilliantly opinionated.

Ah good, then you're happy to accept that all future and past contributions to Boards.ie may be reproduced with consent from the owners of Boards.ie ltd?

Also, be sure that you've read each forums charter and posting guidelines before posting to avoid any further conflict, and be aware that any bans handed out are completely at the moderators discretion.

I might also ask, what attitudes are you referring to?

Well, it does not take a genuis to know that anything posted on a public forum if for general use - that why it is called public:rolleyes:

Ye can all ban away to yere hearts content - for ye seem to have nothing else to do, beside shoot guns at each other.

As for attitudes, well, if you can't see that from yere posts, then I doubt that anyone involved in the running of this site has any inclination of what constitutes a "business", and how advertisers part with money is beyond me, but then again, the little count clock might have a lot to do with it, might it not :rolleyes:

Popinjay wrote: »
    Thank you for your consideration. I'm delighted to hear that you will continue to post for the time being. I will do my best to make the rest of the people posting in this thread realise the foolishness of their ingratitude for your tireless efforts to enlighten.

I hope I can aid you in improving the attitudes of these people.

Does a brick wall ring any bells:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

2 questions.

What does the word "yere" mean?

Why do you say you understand that this is a private forum and then switch back to saying it is public?

Seriously, my eyes are bleeding after reading this thread.

The rules are here for a reason, whether you agree with them or not. They seem to have worked so far to make boards.ie a succesful community. When you signed up to boards you agreed to obey the rule, you didn't so you got banned. It's only for one week from one forum. If you'd said nothing most posters would have been none the wiser, now I think you'd be hard pressed to find a poster who has any respect for you.

I'm glad he's sticking around, this guy is quite entertaining to read and he's brilliantly opinionated.

Who knows, maybe I might even join ye, for a big fee of course, and show ye all how to run a "business" correctly, while increasing revenues at the same time.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Popinjay

Does a brick wall ring any bells:rolleyes:

The description definitely seems fitting for this thread alright. I wish you look in your continued battle against ignorance and idiocy everywhere. I'd join you but... well... my cape is being dry-cleaned.

Well, it does not take a genuis to know that anything posted on a public forum if for general use - that why it is called public:rolleyes:

Ye can all ban away to yere hearts content - for ye seem to have nothing else to do, beside shoot guns at each other.

As for attitudes, well, if you can't see that from yere posts, then I doubt that anyone involved in the running of this site has any inclination of what constitutes a "business", and how advertisers part with money is beyond me, but then again, the little count clock might have a lot to do with it, might it not :rolleyes:

Surely you mean "genius"?

Funnily ironic to be honest.

Again, it's a privately owned forum.

Bans are a last resort on Boards.ie, you'll note there is a points system called "Infractions" that is used wherever possible instead.

Again, I'm sure you mean "your" posts, correct? And you were calling others undereducated recently?

Regarding the attitudes, there's over 100,000 members on Boards and I've yet to see anyone else complain about the "attitudes" of the site members or owners as a whole, bar yourself. What would this suggest to you? Obviously with such a large userbase, containing many, many differing opinions, problems will arise from time to time but most members are rational human beings, as are the mods, and things are settled in a nice, calm manner.

Is it the attitudes of the site members or moderators that you have a problem with specifically?
    If the latter, would you consider yourself to have somewhat of a problem with those in a position of authority? Does it bother you that potentially teenage children, or those you would consider "undereducated", rule above you and dictate what you can and cannot do on this forum?

• Advertisement

watna wrote: »
    2 questions.

What does the word "yere" mean?

Why do you say you understand that this is a private forum and then switch back to saying it is public?

Seriously, my eyes are bleeding after reading this thread.

The rules are here for a reason, whether you agree with them or not. They seem to have worked so far to make boards.ie a succesful community. When you signed up to boards you agreed to obey the rule, you didn't so you got banned. It's only for one week from one forum. If you'd said nothing most posters would have been none the wiser, now I think you'd be hard pressed to find a poster who has any respect for you.

And I am very worried about that :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement