Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banning - An Idiotic Activity

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

watna wrote: »
    What does the word "yere" mean?

It's pronounced 'yeray'. It's a type of bread they eat in Western Asia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Article43 wrote: »
    And I am very worried about that :D

Well that's thing, I think you are. I think you have a great need for people to respect you, look up to and want your advice. Well nobody here does - no matter how "succesful" you are.

I notice how you ignored the rest of the post, especially where I asked what the word yere means? Maybe before you call everyone else "undereducated" you should learn to speak English?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Your posts won't be deleted. I've already explained why. It's not up for discussion.

End of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

seamus wrote: »
    Your posts won't be deleted. I've already explained why. It's not up for discussion.

End of.
    I already told him about the book, Seamus, the cat is out of the bag as they say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭Article43

rb_ie wrote: »
    Surely you mean "genius"?

Yes - but you still got the meaning did you not

Funnily ironic to be honest.

Glad you se it that way

Again, it's a privately owned forum.

But it is for public use

Bans are a last resort on Boards.ie, you'll note there is a points system called "Infractions" that is used wherever possible instead.

So!

Again, I'm sure you mean "your" posts, correct? And you were calling others undereducated recently?

CORRECT - as there postin clerly showd this too be the case:D

Regarding the attitudes, there's over 100,000 members on Boards and I've yet to see anyone else complain about the "attitudes" of the site members or owners as a whole, bar yourself. What would this suggest to you? Obviously with such a large userbase, containing many, many differing opinions, problems will arise from time to time but most members are rational human beings, as are the mods, and things are settled in a nice, calm manner.

I am not surprised with the attitude of the "mods" on this site :rolleyes:

Is it the attitudes of the site members or moderators that you have a problem with specifically?

Mods only - most site members can be excused for their ignorance on certian topics, some can not, but "mods", who have authority, and I do find it hard to believe that you guys actually get paid :eek: should realise that they have authority, and act accordingly.

If the latter, would you consider yourself to have somewhat of a problem with those in a position of authority?

Not al all, only with idiots who have been given authority:D

You are welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Ibid wrote: »
    Article43, as I said on the other thread, you were not banned for calling two separate users idiots. I only warned you for that. And for those that asked, the relevant link is here.

It was your response to the warning that got you banned.

I was banned as you say, but this does not change the facts. Two members, one of whom has admitted that he works in the area under discussion, made an idiotic statement ( he actually made several, but for now we will leave it at just one) in relation to the subject matter.
    So, if you delete my posts, as I am willing to ease back some bit and you can leave the thread and other peoples posts, I will resume to posting in the I&M forum, if you do not, then I will not post there again.

Wow. Just wow.

For the second thread you've had the mod of the I&M forum explain why you were banned. The calling posters idiots was the catalyst but the response to to the warning you got was the root cause of yore banning.

Are you honestly unable to comprehend this stuff?

What springs to mind is this,
    spanner.jpg

and not the adjustable kind cos you are unable to argue with anything other than your already tiring & baseless points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭Article43

watna wrote: »
    Well that's thing, I think you are. I think you have a great need for people to respect you, look up to and want your advice. Well nobody here does - no matter how "succesful" you are.

I notice how you ignored the rest of the post, especially where I asked what the word yere means? Maybe before you call everyone else "undereducated" you should learn to speak English?

I can speak Englsh fine - I will write it as I see fit, if you have a problem with that, then don't reply to me.

Who are U anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

You are welcome.
    And who, in your opinion, are "idiots who have been given authority"?

The moderators here are selected on a very strict basis.

Also, one of the biggest rules throughout Boards.ie is no personal abuse i.e calling others "idiots" for expressing their opinions, yet you continually do so. Are you going to stop this, or should you just have you access to the site blocked entirely to prevent you from doing so in the future?
    As is arguing with a moderators decision in-thread. Now, you've had your ban explained to you along with the reasons for not deleting your posts, can we expect a change in attitude and behaviour towards other members of the site from you, or again, is it time we (boards.ie) and you (Article43) parted ways?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I can speak Englsh fine - I will write it as I see fit, if you have a problem with that, then don't reply to me.

Who are U anyway?

Why are you allowed to write as you see fit and according to you, other people are "Idiots" for writing as they see fit?

and who are you (not u, by the way) to come here and talk to people the way you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

rb_ie wrote:

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Closed...

Artilce43 stop with the trolling.

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement