Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Utorrent port opening

Options
  • 03-04-2008 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭

I have two laptops connected to my Eircom Netopia 2247 wireless router.

I have utorrent installed on both the laptops and I have set them up with port forwarding.

I had both laptops using the same port number and I got the green "Network OK" symbol on the first laptop but only got the yellow "No Incoming Connections" symbol on the second laptop.

I then set up a second port on the router and set the second laptop up to use this. I still get the same problem as above though.

Is there something else I need to do to get it to work on both?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Split from thread in Wireless

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Kinda obvious question, did u change the port number for the utorrent client on the second laptop to reflect the new port number on the router?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Get TCPView to see if anything else if already using that port number.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

degsie wrote: »
    Kinda obvious question, did u change the port number for the utorrent client on the second laptop to reflect the new port number on the router?

Yeah, I have ports 43581 and 43582 set up as Utor1 and Utor2 on the router.

I have utorrent on the first laptop set up with 43581 and utorrent on the second laptop using 43582.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

i think i've sorted it. i never specified which static ip was using each forwarded port in the router settings.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

while were on the subject of utorrent I could use some advice.

I had port forwarded utorrent and it had worked fine for a long time and Ihad the green light indicating my port was forwared correctly/

when one day I tried out comodo firewall and it decided to block utorrent completely I followed several guides from utorrent.com etc to try and get the two to work together but had no joy so I disabled all levels of security on comodo and uninstalled it.

However the red connection light still comes telling me somthing is blocking the port, I have an eircom 2247 router and I completly disabled the router firewall and checked that port I had forwarded on the router matched the one in the program.

I currently run vista the firewall is turned off I still get the red light and notice the far slower speeds. I reinstalled utorrent with no success

any advice would be appriciated or if anyone could recomend a program I could use to find out what is actully blocking the port

cheers in advance

Advertisement