Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New expected car price list July 08

Options
  • 03-04-2008 11:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭

Same as the one I posted a few months ago, but with lots of updates.

The main changes are:

BMW: 123d Auto(hatch and Coupé), 120d Auto Coupé, 135i Auto Coupé, 120i and 125i Cabrio(Manual and Auto), CO2 updates for models due to come to market soon, 316i Auto, more M3 prices(saloon and Cabrio as well as DCT gearbox), 320d Cabrio prices(Manual and Auto), 3 series and X3 price change.

Citroen: diesels for the C2, more powerful diesels for the C4 and C8, FFV C4, spec and price changes for most of the range.

Ford: 2.0 FFV Mondeo, S-Max and Galaxy replaces non FFV version of this engine. 2.0 FFV engine now available in LX trim for the Mondeo. 2.3 Galaxy Auto, 2.2 TDCi for the Mondeo, S-Max and Galaxy, new Titanium trim for the Mondeo and S-Max, the Mondeo ECOnetic is now available to order (it's a 125 bhp 1.8 TDCi Zetec). The big news is the pricing of the Mk3 Focus.

Kia: prices for pro_cee'd and cee'd SW.

Lexus: price adjustment for IS range, and GS facelift.

Merc: CO2 data for new additions to C-class range due soon(BlueEFFICIENCY models).

Opel: Spec and price changes for most models. New trim levels for 5 door and estate Astra models. Of course, the new Astra saloon is due soon.

Peugeot: 207 RC is now 207 GTi.

Porsche: Price reductions across entire range, as well as new additions to all model ranges.

Renault: Modus now replaced by Grand Modus.

Toyota: new additions to Yaris range, and Land Cruiser V8 pricing.

Volkswagen: minor changes.

Attachments to follow in due course!

Can the old thread pleased be locked? I'm deleting the attachments in it anyway as they are out of date.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

The first of 2 parts, too big to go all on it's own!

Here's part 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Any word on whether Honda will start selling the 2.2 iCTDI Civic here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭granturismo

Well done again. Do you have any more details or links to the changes on C4 7 seaters? I just bought one in time for the €1000 cash back. I checked 4 dealers and they all gave exactly the same price to change:rolleyes:

I had various reasons for purchasing this model before July, including possible slump in trade in prices and wont be too happy if there are significant changes to the specs of the 1.6 HDi Dynamique.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

Thanks E92

• Advertisement

Attached Files53883.pdf0807 BMW [/URL]
    I decided to take the liberty of posting the official BMW and MINI price list here from this thread. As I, and plenty of other people told all the refuse to belivers and BMW bashers back in December, BMW and MINI have kept to their word and are passing on VRT savings where possible in their entirity.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Volvo dealers recieved provisional pricing for post 1st July over the weekend. From a quick scan of E92's lists above against the S40 pricing it looks like they are even cheaper than expected (although it is early and I haven't had coffee yet).

Pricing is relevant to MY09. There are no spec or exterior changes, but the 1.8i is replaced completely by the 1.8FF engine. The 2.4,D5 and T5 versions have gone but there is a "Powershift" option on the 2.0D (presume that's Auto).

Bad new is that the 2.0D and powershift are in short supply and likely to face production delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

E92 - great job as usual! And where do you find the time?

Did you ever think of becoming a motoring scribbler? You're a hell of a lot more knowledgeable then the majority of so-called motoring journalists working for Irish car mags/newspapers (judging by the innocuous crap i've seen flicking through motoring newcar, Motoring Life etc...)

Plus you have the default motoring journo soft spot for the products of a certain Bavarian establishment...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

R.O.R wrote: »
    Volvo dealers recieved provisional pricing for post 1st July over the weekend. From a quick scan of E92's lists above against the S40 pricing it looks like they are even cheaper than expected (although it is early and I haven't had coffee yet).

Any idea where I can view Volvos new pricing? Their website does not have the info up yet.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

E92 wrote: »
    Here's part 2!

E, the subaru prices look wrong? new vrt rates don't seem to be applied for a lot of them, eg outback 2.5 auto coming down 12k???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

Great thread :)

Anyone got any ideas on Fiat's plans for July? I am looking at a 500 1.2 and asked the salesguy for a "now" price and a "july" price but he said that because the 500 was only introduced in Feb, Fiat had priced it as though the new regime applied and will take a hit in profits until July. Sounds a bit unusual to me - anyone got any thoughts?

Cheers,
    C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 moleyC

Very good post, thanks.

I just have a question, and it's probably a very silly one but anyway, what is the significance of the OMSP compared to the price?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Medal for patience and dilligence in the post;)

Well done.

Edit:

Just 2 questions on the Toyota sheet: What additions to the Yaris range have you made and is the V8 based on the 100 or the new 200?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

moleyC wrote: »
    Very good post, thanks.

I just have a question, and it's probably a very silly one but anyway, what is the significance of the OMSP compared to the price?

It's a convention the Revenue use for calculating the value of a car for VRT or Benefit In Kind - they know cars don't sell for RRP, that usually a discount is negotiated, so they use a figure based on a generic discount called Open Market Selling Price.

They also keep a database of OMSPs for older cars too (the accuracy of which is debated fairly regularly here), to allow them to charge VRT on imports based on what they're worth here.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

...interesting reading
    why is the mini cooperS goin up 3 K in softtop but down 1,705 in hardtop models?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 oswaldcobblepot

R.O.R. whats the word on Volvo S40 1.6 D SE after the 1st of July?

ninty9er wrote: »
    Just 2 questions on the Toyota sheet: What additions to the Yaris range have you made and is the V8 based on the 100 or the new 200?
    I can't remember what the ones for the Yaris are but all I remember is that there were new models there that weren't there before! They brought in a 1.8 litre Yaris recently anyway, so maybe that's it?

The Land Cruiser V8 is the new one that came out a few months ago, whatever one that is.

copacetic wrote: »
    E, the subaru prices look wrong? new vrt rates don't seem to be applied for a lot of them, eg outback 2.5 auto coming down 12k???

Typo on my part. Stick in the appropriate rate and it should give the right result!

Not that it matters really, cause Subaru's own website tells you how much their cars will increase in price now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

pburns wrote: »
    E92 - great job as usual! And where do you find the time?

Did you ever think of becoming a motoring scribbler? You're a hell of a lot more knowledgeable then the majority of so-called motoring journalists working for Irish car mags/newspapers (judging by the innocuous crap i've seen flicking through motoring newcar, Motoring Life etc...)

Plus you have the default motoring journo soft spot for the products of a certain Bavarian establishment...
    When it's something you love, you always make time for it:D! Using the SIMI template and knowing how to use the formulae in Microsoft Excel does make a huge difference though, but I won't lie and say it still took plenty of time!

To be honest, being a car journalist would be a dream job for me but if I wanted to do it I'd have to train in journalism and that of course has many fields, creativity isn't a strong point of mine and I've no interest whatsoever in writing essays/articles etc. about anything other than cars and anything car related such as infrastructure, car-related politics like "Global Warming", EU bullcrap on speed limits etc. I'm too logical a person to think outside the box, I'm extremely blunt and I'll always speak my mind(as demonstrated above), definately not the qualities a journalist should be presumably!

So it ain't gonna happen, though maybe I should try my hand at blogging!

• Advertisement

R.O.R wrote: »

Pricing is relevant to MY09. There are no spec or exterior changes, but the 1.8i is replaced completely by the 1.8FF engine. The 2.4,D5 and T5 versions have gone but there is a "Powershift" option on the 2.0D (presume that's Auto).

Bad new is that the 2.0D and powershift are in short supply and likely to face production delays.

Pity Volvo ditched the D5 for Ireland. That car would have benefited from a lower purchase price and lower road tax rates from July too, even as an Automatic.

And in manual it would get into 24% VRT and €430 road tax. Bad decision by Volvo there:(! These are the type of cars that should be more attractive, not less attractive to import from July!

The Powershift Gearbox is Volvo's DSG type gearbox. CO2 is 159 g/km for it, an increase from 153 g/km in the manual, which means it is one VRT band higher than the manual from July at 24%.

Just to clarify exactly what the spreadsheet is doing - am I correct in thinking that it is simply taking info like this...

http://www.mtp.ie/VRT.html

and actually working out the difference the vrt should make?

By saying that, I don't mean to belittle the obvious effort that has gone into the prep of the sheets - my point is that presumably these are speculative prices, right? There is no guarantee that any of the manufacturers will actually stick to these prices, right? Other than the ones we've actually seen price lists for like BMW. As I said earlier in the thread a Fiat dealer said Fiat is already pricing one model at July prices so there wouldn't be reduction there (and it should be €1500 cheaper taking a straight VRT reduction).

I'm making the point just in case anyone thinks the "new" prices will be the actual prices in July - in general I think they wouldn't be, the manufacturers will at least move to more marketable rounded prices. Unless there is some kind of legal obligation to pass the VRT +/- on as is?

Cheers,
    C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭VH

Phibsboro wrote: »
    Just to clarify exactly what the spreadsheet is doing - am I correct in thinking that it is simply taking info like this...

http://www.mtp.ie/VRT.html
    That page doesn't work in Firefox. :confused:

Yeah, noticed that, had to revert to the joys of IE to get it :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

E92 wrote: »
    creativity isn't a strong point of mine and I've no interest whatsoever in writing essays/articles etc. about anything other than cars and anything car related such as infrastructure, car-related politics like "Global Warming", EU bullcrap on speed limits etc. I'm too logical a person to think outside the box, I'm extremely blunt and I'll always speak my mind(as demonstrated above), definately not the qualities a journalist should be presumably!

You just described Jeremy Clarkson.

Jemery Clarkson writes a column on non car related issues every Sunday in the Sunday Times, and Jeremy could tell you that a car is rubbish today and brilliant tomorrow, things I certainly DON'T do;)!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

R.O.R. whats the word on Volvo S40 1.6 D SE after the 1st of July?

Sorry - only just seen your post.

S40 1.6D SE comes down by €3,224 to 30K on the nose.

Opel dealers have their pricing too now. I presume it's on general release, i've a full copy.

If anyone has any info on Fiat's pricelist for July I'd really appreciate a PM.

Thanks,
    C

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭sk8board

From a value-motoring point of view, Mazda could have their timing right with the brand new Mazda 6 2.0D SE model being reduced to 29.5k (-€3,800). Looks and drives fantastic too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

That Mazda looks like great value, very hard to make the case for the similarly priced 1.6 C5. Factor in a 2.5K discount for cash, very tempting.

Advertisement