Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New expected car price list July 08

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

E92 wrote: »

Why is the !S220d Sport such a high CO2/VRT/price in comparison with other diesel versions? That makes no sense:confused:

FIAT Punto July prices

500 prices are not changing btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Looks like they are skimming a little off for themselves

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭spuddy

FIAT Punto July prices

500 prices are not changing btw.
    Do you have that on good advice?

I don't think those are the final July Punto prices.
    Look at the ad in the top left...
    promo_vrt_1_2.jpg

• Advertisement

Been mentioned a couple of times in the papers recently that the 500 was launched back in January with "July prices".

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭spuddy

Been mentioned a couple of times in the papers recently that the 500 was launched back in January with "July prices".

If that's the case, then everyone should head straight to the UK to buy their 500. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 moose52c

Hey guys some advise please!!
    Im looking to buy a 520D 2006 from uk soon I know it will 20% vrt on it after june, so cleared etc. id be handing over bout 26k, going here for alot more!!

Is it worth it as say 2 years down the line I want to sell it will be on the old TAX system harder to sell ie car will lose value??
    What would be the best way to attack it should I hold off??..:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

moose52c wrote: »
    Hey guys some advise please!!
    Im looking to buy a 520D 2006 from uk soon I know it will 20% vrt on it after june, so cleared etc. id be handing over bout 26k, going here for alot more!!

Is it worth it as say 2 years down the line I want to sell it will be on the old TAX system harder to sell ie car will lose value??
    What would be the best way to attack it should I hold off??..:confused:

Note that an 06 will have different CO2 emmissions to the new model! Manual will be 24% VRT and auto 28%. And it gets worse - 530d auto will be 32%!

Only 520ds built after September 07 have EfficientDynamics which gives lower emissions. These models are 16% VRT for a manual gearbox and 20% for an Automatic gearbox. Effectively only 08 520ds have the lower emissions, though one must check to be absolutely sure.

The ones without ED are in 24 and 28% VRT for automatic, exactly the same as an ED 6 pot diesel for both transmissions respectively and all the 6 pot petrols are in 28% VRT too. All facelifted 5 series bar the 520d are equipeed with ED, and facelifted models came out in March 07.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

What I've found interesting is that most marques have repriced based on competition, with BMW being the starting point.

e.g. I had expected that Audi A4 & A6 diesels were going to come down by 6 - 8% (30% VRT down to 24% & 20%) but because BMW would end up being cheaper, Audi & others (lexus 220d) have had to shave a lot more off to ensure they compete on the forecourt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

I wonder what would have happened if Audi et al. released their prices first - if BMW had held on until now.

Some manufacturers may have up-spec'ed or chanced their arm on not passing on the full savings. Without BMW for a benchmark, we wouldn't have known what was possible.

I'm sure BMW are kicking themself slightly too, as if they had let everyone else show their cards first, they would have KILLED when they finally put their prices out!!!

On the other hand by putting their prices out there so far out they were able to get lots of people to buy their cars for delivery in July.... That would be the thinking behind sending out the prices so far out, yes it involves a few months' pain, but on the other hand there should be a big upsurge in sales from July.

After all there's usually around 12 weeks between ordering and delivering, especially if you want something that's not off the shelf and in stock in a dealer, so knowing what price something is at this late stage is very late unless you're ready to take anything in order to get the 08 plate. BMW's market share is down by around 33% this year, they only sold 96 cars in May here, so all that BMW have managed to do is put people off buying until July.

Even though other manufacturers have lowered their prices by much more than expected they still don't have the tax advantages of BMW, which stand in BMW's favour, since we all know what Irish people are like when it comes to road tax, and of course lower road tax makes them more desirable in the used car market too. They've also become mightily less expensive, not a lot dearer than non premium rivals, making them more attractive to new car buyers who would have up to now not considered them because they were out of their price range.

I'm sure BMW will be privately smug with glee when they see rivals making less money on similar cars than they do(ok I know it's only Ireland, a tiny, tiny market in the whole scheme of things). When other manufacturers make their cars more efficient they will not be able to cut prices, or else they will and suffer even greater losses, while there is still plenty of scope for BMW to cut prices owing to VRT on emissions in the future, and since future BMWs, starting with the F01/F02 7 series which will be unveiled on July 7 will be going on a diet, this will be a very achievable goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

You've a lot of manufacturers there in your sig, E92... who are you missing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

JHMEG wrote: »
    You've a lot of manufacturers there in your sig, E92... who are you missing?

Opel

• Registered Users Posts: 40 moose52c

Thanks for that advise lads, so I think Il hold off for 2 years (start saving now!!)
    Say a '05' 520d cost 25K cleared from UK would it go down in value big time in the near furture?..;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 TempleBo

The new Subaru Legacy Boxer Diesel makes it in under the €30k mark, which sounds like a very good price to me.

We're missing July prices for: Cadillac, Chevrolet, Corvette, FIAT(excluding Punto and 500, they have released the full lot of them to the press but I have yet to see them), Hyundai(bar their 4X4s), Jaguar, Land Rover, Opel, Porsche, Renault released theirs 9 days ago, but I can't find a full set but some sample prices are available here, Saab, Skoda, Subaru(the oil burner prices have been revealed here), Ssangyong, Suzuki, Tata, and Volvo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭sk8board

The new Subaru Legacy Boxer Diesel makes it in under the €30k mark, which sounds like a very good price to me.

Our next car next year will probably need to be some sort of newfandangled sports estate. A growing family and all that goes with it.

That group of possibles would have included Passat, V50, Mazda6, A4 Avant and so on. Personally, I love the look of the V50.

But as of today there's a newbie, which looks almost irresistable on paper:

relatively cheap, more powerful, cheap tax, bullet-proof, and a big boot. The Legacy Sports Tourer could be the cat among the Pigeons that Subaru needed, and move them above selling 1.6 WRX lookalikes to 20 year olds, into a more mature market.

Advertisement