Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters - what time do they stop taking application?

Options
  • 04-04-2008 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭

I am applying for a Masters, the closing date is tomorrow (procrastination is my bane), and I have just realised that I am expected to write a few hundred words on why I want to do it, what I will get out of it etc.
    I was just wondering (as its online registration), what time do they stop accepting applications?
    Is it when the office closes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

From what I know late entries are taken.A friend of mine handed his in pretty late after a funny incident with a lecturer he was looking for a reference off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Pfft, I handed mine in after I'd received my results! :D

Altho in fairness that was a miracle unlikely to be repeated ever again, so just get it in ASAP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Some take them late, others don't.

I find they're a bit more easy going if you're not looking for a funded type on, if you're going for funded ones, you need to make the deadlines or they won't consider you application.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

They'll probably take a late application (depending on how popular the course is) especially since you're an internal applicant, but late application may count against you in cases of oversubscription.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭elle

WTF i thought the deadline for MA apps was beginning of May, actually I was sure it was!! Sent mine off last week anyway but are you SURE deadline is this soon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerry87

what masters is this for? Most of the ones im applying to have rolling applications, no deadlines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

The deadlines differ in the different schools. The_Minister is applying for an MA in Political Theory and the deadline was last Friday.

Advertisement