Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation in Dublin

Options
  • 04-04-2008 12:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I am currently a student in ul who is going on co op at the end of may.Im goiin up to dublin to work for 8 months on barrow street(do not know where this is) and am wondering does anyone have any suggestions for accomodation around this are i would also like to be close to getting a bus or luas to dundrum from here as my other half is der.Does anone have any suggestions as to where i could find secure accomodation in this region.I also have a car n need somewhere to park it!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Getting somewhere to live is all about daft.ie :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

21738 wrote: »
    I also have a car n need somewhere to park it!!

As tHE vAGGABOND suggests- www.daft.ie is a good starting point for you. Re: car- if at all possible I would suggest you try to avoid situations where the car is necessary- Dublin is an unmitigated disaster traffic wise, and even if you do find somewhere with parking, often the parking space is let seperately- which can mean a significant additional cost for you.

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭beeno67

21738 wrote: »
    I am currently a student in ul who is going on co op at the end of may.Im goiin up to dublin to work for 8 months on barrow street(do not know where this is) and am wondering does anyone have any suggestions for accomodation around this are i would also like to be close to getting a bus or luas to dundrum from here as my other half is der.Does anone have any suggestions as to where i could find secure accomodation in this region.I also have a car n need somewhere to park it!!

Barrow Street is in town on Dart line. Get anywhere on Dart line and as has been said avoid using the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Barrow Street is next to Grand Canal Dock train station.

Your best bet is either to find somewhere along the DART line, the Maynooth rail line or within walking / cycling distance of work. Bus routes through Ballsbridge are another option.

Could you live witht he other half and get the Luas to St. Stephen's Green and walk?

Advertisement