Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Jersey Thread -Honest!

Options
  • 04-04-2008 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭

I just wanted to start this to put everything in the one place so it's easy to find.

We're getting the kit from http://www.fcarvalho-ciclismo.com -they seem top for quality, and for prices.

I emailed them, and the templates for the gear is here

High-res images of the boards logo can be found here.

I think the best is for everyone who wants to to use that template, and post your ideas on this thread, and we can vote on them. I got confirmation, and the design fee is for as much kit as we want, so do up designs for socks and everything, even if we don't order them!

So, stick your finalised designs you'd like to see on this thread by Friday, 11th April, and we'll vote after that

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

I should also note, that the design cost if 3 colours (and white). If we want to go more, it's 50 quid a colour extra, se bear that in mind!

UPDATE
    The lovely boards admins have got back to me, and have said that they'll cover the design fee for the gear to the tune of 300 quid!

Hurrah, even cheaper gear for us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

Ah thats great news fair play to the admins put me down for the jersey and bib shorts not sure about the size but i wear large in both Nike and Nalini Jerseys so if they are sized the same as them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭Bambaata

thats really good of them. and a proper figure too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

Big up to Boards.ie admin, that's great.

• Advertisement

Here's my submission for what I think the kit should look like -not much blue on there, but that's because the colour scheme can be anything you like. I think it's a little retro, but kind of classy.

Anyway, here it is, opinions?
    4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭Bambaata

i like it. can it be dl'd as a good quality picture? I cant make out some bits

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

very nice jersey, I think you need to decide on a date for supmission for all jersey ideas then date for payment, because i know from experience that when the jerseys are ordered they can take longer than expected to be produced and the W200 is not that far away

High res image of my design is available here

@e@gle, the closing date is the 11th, next Friday (I think I say that above!)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,389 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

looking good TinyExplosions, i'd personally like a bit less white backround colour in there but will go with majority.
    Maybe a couple of designs with a poll as to choice for final one?

I'll buy the final one regardless, but as others have said we need to move fast on it.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

That's great TonyExplosions. Given that Boards.ie are sponsoring the design do you think you should run the choices (or final choice) past them before ordering? Just a thought.

You were thinking of putting the Logo on the leg opposite to the leg with boards.ie text. This still the case? Just can't see it on the shorts design.

Hungrycol wrote: »
    That's great TonyExplosions. Given that Boards.ie are sponsoring the design do you think you should run the choices (or final choice) past them before ordering? Just a thought.

You were thinking of putting the Logo on the leg opposite to the leg with boards.ie text. This still the case? Just can't see it on the shorts design.

Everything will be shown to the boards admin before ordering, and the above is only my entry to the 'contest', it's by no means necessarily the final design :)

I left the logo of the shorts simply because I think it looks better without, but it's design by committee, so I've no problem tweaking it if it wins!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I like it! Gimme Gimme Gimme!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

can any boards members order one of the kits

:confused:

irish-stew wrote: »
    can any boards members order one of the kits

:confused:

Yep, so long as you've the cash, you can get the stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

cool, was gonna get one or two new ones for this year, good one there by your self

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I'm in either way, but a vote for less WHITE! Other than that looks great, have you been a kit designer in a previous life? Maybe try a darker base colour? We don't all have the torsos and sun tan to give the white the full display I guess ;-)

Like the boards-logo sleeve.

blorg wrote: »
    I'm in either way, but a vote for less WHITE! Other than that looks great, have you been a kit designer in a previous life? Maybe try a darker base colour? We don't all have the torsos and sun tan to give the white the full display I guess ;-)

Like the boards-logo sleeve.

Afraid not, I'm a web developer/student who dabbles in design every now and then, and am also one of those that don't have the torso or suntan for white, I just liked the mix of colours!

If folk like the design, and want different colours, I'm fine with changing things round, but lets see what the others come up with, unless I get bored tonight with this damn thesis, and crack out another one :)

The sleeve is may fave part, along with the socks :D

Here's a design, same as above, but without the white... may be more practical

5.jpg

I like that one, honestly think it will look a lot better than the white in an actual physical kit.

Am in favour of the Cullen Bookkeeping logo on the rear pocket, looks good there and good on him for the offer (not a bad logo either.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Maybe we could get commission during races? The more cyclists you pass out, the more of them are likely to say to themselves "You know, I was looking for a company to do my book-keeping, I'll give them a ring after I climb this next hill"

Oh, that was me also favoring the rear pocket graphic, keeps the front tidier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

now yer advertizin'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Much prefer the black too. BTW the bookkeeping logo has different colours in it to the jersey. This will bump up the price over the 3 colours design. no?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Cool design!

What would it look like with the light and dark blue reversed - so light blue in the main body and dark blue down the sides? Might have better contrast ...

Now I want one! :)

Last one -I swear!

This is based on the colours of the default boards theme
    6sm.jpg

High-res version available here

• Registered Users Posts: 15,389 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Best yet!, I really like this one, matches the boards colour scheme well too.
    What does the text on the sleeve say?

Nevermind I just looked at the hi-res version, very clever stuff altogether :D

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

I am still preferring #2, #3 is getting a bit cluttered, and I don't think that effect will work great on the shorts (I have a pair with something not dissimilar and it doesn't look great.)

Best kept simple and clear IMHO.

If we are having the Cullen Bookkeeping logo we had better monochrome it into the same colours as the jersey.

Prob best to put the options up (when you're done ;-) and have a poll?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

I prefer the second design.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

I think your all missing an great opportunity here........this kit looks like just any other comercial kit.......covered in sponsership!!!!
    Why not try and create something a bit different and not just another kit covered in comercial advertising.
    Fair play to you TinyExplosions for putting in the effort but in fairness you just copied a well used formula in cycling kits.
    With so many people on this thread im sure we can put our heads together and come up with something origanal and free from comercial slogans.
    If this kit continues to go in the direction its going im deffo not interested

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Mr.Boots wrote: »
    I think your all missing an great opportunity here........this kit looks like just any other comercial kit.......covered in sponsership!!!!
    Why not try and create something a bit different and not just another kit covered in comercial advertising.
    Fair play to you TinyExplosions for putting in the effort but in fairness you just copied a well used formula in cycling kits.
    With so many people on this thread im sure we can put our heads together and come up with something origanal and free from comercial slogans.
    If this kit continues to go in the direction its going im deffo not interested

I'm inclined to agree, perhaps not as vehemently. I think number 2 is nice, it's more subtle than the others. If yee particularly want to take advertising, I don't mind the smaller advertising on the back panels, it's not very noticeable. Prefer to not have it though, it takes away from the look.

Lots of the people on the cycling board are not roadie's and may appreciate a less garish look than normal. If I wanted a jersey covered in logos that is just a mish mash of colour, it's not hard to pick one up online. Well that's my opinion anyway.

But nonetheless, good work so far! I'd be quite happy with design 2, perhaps minus the logos covering the left arm. The bib shorts, are perfect for example. Nice clean design.

Gav

Advertisement