Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Jersey Thread -Honest!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭ba

i have to agree with mr.boots + gav here. although effort was put in by the others, and fairplay, the kits are generic and tack. there's no way i'd wear any of them. sry lads.

i have an idea, how do i post an image without a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

ba wrote: »
    i have to agree with mr.boots + gav here. although effort was put in by the others, and fairplay, the kits are generic and tack. there's no way i'd wear any of them. sry lads.

i have an idea, how do i post an image without a link?

No need to apologise ba, the whole point of this thread was to get as many possibilites as possible, and vote on them, so the more the better -I just stuck a few up cos it's better than doing my thesis :)

To post an image without a link, you need to have it online somewhere (flicker, or something), and use the image link to link to the url

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

I disagree. This is all about Boards.ie and nothing else and I have no problem wearing option 2 (my fav so far) and keeping the bookkeeping logo on the back pocket.

Ba, you don't have to wear one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

Here's a design, same as above, but without the white... may be more practical

5.jpg

I think this is the best so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭mkdon05

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/47580/53994.jpg

I think this is my favourite so far. Nothing to do with the logo's:D.
    I like the black jersey with the irish flag!

Im afraid im too crap to try and design one myself:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Perhaps we should have a poll listing all the designs and people vote for them and for sponsorship. Or Tiny, you just decide what the deal is with sponsorship, seeing as you're the one doing everything !

Gav

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

Verb wrote: »
    Perhaps we should have a poll listing all the designs and people vote for them and for sponsorship. Or Tiny, you just decide what the deal is with sponsorship, seeing as you're the one doing everything !

Gav

I think that Tiny should go ahead and pick one himself - it is going to be impossible for everyone to agree on a design and if they are to be ready before the Wicklow then they need to be ordered soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Mostly on the back of this jersey idea and my own stupid brovado I have decided to sign up for the W200 (may well end up only doing the 100 though). Not sure if I should thank or curse you guys, I suppose I'll know the day after.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭Bambaata

we'll probably need a thread where everyone confiormsd what they want because some may have changed (i'm no tempted by the full zip short sleeve if it will help those 7 guys get that order) we'll also need size clarification from everyone and i think we should vte on a design. maybe design first because 1 or 2 may drop out if the majority decide on something that they dont like?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Bambaata wrote: »
    (i'm no tempted by the full zip short sleeve if it will help those 7 guys get that order)
    I've jumped to that ship as well for the same reasons, so now we just need one more.

• Advertisement

kenmc wrote: »
    I've jumped to that ship as well for the same reasons, so now we just need one more.

I'm happy to change to full zip :)

Done.

-don't forget that some people want two, and may not have voted twice though...

I think that Tiny should go ahead and pick one himself - it is going to be impossible for everyone to agree on a design and if they are to be ready before the Wicklow then they need to be ordered soon.

Well, I'd nearly rather leave it to a general consensus on the design, and had said that I'll leave submission on designs open till Friday, but can move it forward if people wish -I want to prove that design by committee can work :)

As for sponsorship, I'm not sure yet. I have no problem putting the Cullen bookkeeping logo on the jersey, and mkdon is very generous to offer the sponsorship, but there is a problem with the colours. As it stands, simply having the Cullen logo on there adds 3 colours, which raises the cost by 150 euro, which eans it's maybe not worthwhile doing it.

I think the best solution is to say a great big thank you to mkdon for the offer, and to use him for all our book keeping, but to remove sponsorship from the jersey. I think it would save expense, and possibly hassle further down the line.

What do you lot think?

Sounds sensible to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Bicyclegadabout

Put in only the words "Cullen Bookeeping Services " or whatever. Maybe instead of the "Now Ye're Biking" words.

Or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭franglan

To be fair tho mkdon was very decent to put up money for advertisement, would there be a problem putting this design the same colour as the colour of the outline of the jersey, or even the orange colour lets say on design number 2 from tiny explosion.

I prefer design number two from tiny, its looks great,

I think the design with cullen bookkeepers on the front, is good, but the advertisement is way too big, I Like the shamrock too, only my opinion tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

I think the best solution is to say a great big thank you to mkdon for the offer, and to use him for all our book keeping, but to remove sponsorship from the jersey. I think it would save expense, and possibly hassle further down the line.

What do you lot think?

Agreed. Fair play to mkdon, I don't want to be unsupportive, but managing the design and print would appear to be easier without it.

Ok Lads, I reckon these are the options on the advertising,

1. Monochrome the logo colours to that of the jersey.
    2. Just put Cullen Bookkeeping where "now yer Bikin" is.
    3. Remove it altogether.

I reckon we have to do whatever looks best for the Jersey, as thats the main thing! I have no problem whatsoever with any of the above options.

I'd rather have a nicer looking jersey without my logo as opposed to a not so good looking one with the logo.

The offer still stands tho, if you want to incorparate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I think #2 is coming out strong. I have no problem with the Cullen book-keeping logo but think we should be monochroming it same colour as the other three in the jersey to save on the colour costs. No point adding three new colours for a small patch on the back.

mkdon5, if I remember correctly you said that you don't have a website or are not even in the phone book which I suppose then begs the question, why are you advertising?

Hungrycol wrote: »
    mkdon5, if I remember correctly you said that you don't have a website or are not even in the phone book which I suppose then begs the question, why are you advertising?

It was purely to help out with the costs.
    In saying that if it goes ahead i might lash up a simple website with contact details. If not, no harm done.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Not a big fan of the 'now ye're talkin/now ye're bikin' thing. What does everyone else think about it?

mkdon05 wrote: »
    It was purely to help out with the costs.
    In saying that if it goes ahead i might lash up a simple website with contact details. If not, no harm done.

Understand. Well worth setting up a www.CBS.ie site or at least reserving the domain name. Put it under the words on the logo. (Perhaps avoid "www.CullenBS.ie"!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭franglan

Now ye're bikin, is acceptable, but now ye're talking, people lookin at you from behind are goin to be saying, who's talkin? [joke]

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

el tonto wrote: »
    Not a big fan of the 'now ye're talkin/now ye're bikin' thing. What does everyone else think about it?
    I'd rather leave it absent also - both options - talkin/cyclin

Hungrycol wrote: »
    Understand. Well worth setting up a www.CBS.ie site or at least reserving the domain name. Put it under the words on the logo. (Perhaps avoid "www.CullenBS.ie"!!!)

Yea i dont know what address i'd use. cbs.ie is already reserved.
    Sure thats another days work!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Bicyclegadabout

el tonto wrote: »

hate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,389 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Less talk more action!!

Why not just make a poll with the three main designs (or more if there are any) and then the same without now yer bikin' text and with/out the cbs logo and lets vote.

I want my boards.ie gear already!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Longfield wrote: »

Why not just make a poll with the three main designs (or more if there are any) and then the same without now yer bikin' text and with/out the cbs logo and lets vote.

Do we have the designs in to vote on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

I think I'm going to stick to my Northwave jersey

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/images/NW-Skeleton-Jrsy-zoom.jpg

There's nothing unique about the jerseys being proposed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

penexpers wrote: »
    I think I'm going to stick to my Northwave jersey

Happy Halloween!

Advertisement