Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red light on Eircom modem...

Options
  • 04-04-2008 1:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

I'm not due to have broadband for another
    week, but have the modem installed and
    noticed 3 green lights on the modem today,
    and managed to connect, so I thought maybe
    it's come early.

Then later in the evening, couldn't connect
    and then the red light.

Should I just wait until the official date?

Why was it available earlier?

:-)

Brian.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Shinto

My modem arrived by post a few days earlier than i expected...so i set it up but i couldn't access the internet.

So i phoned Eircom and they told me that they still hadn't set it up from their end....so you'll probably have to wait until the official date.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Access the modem with http://192.168.1.254 and click 'Connect' or 'Restart Connection'. If that doesn't work then you may have to wait a little longer, like Shinto said.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

If you have no username and password for connecting through the modem use...

Username : eircom@eircom.net
    Password : broadband1

hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

We got broadband several weeks before the official date when we moved. Just discovered it by accident.

They said we had to wait six weeks, but found out later it only took one week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Its often on before the date, just switch it on & off and see does the dsl & internet light stay green.

I'm on Eircom & lost my connection for about 10 mins a while ago, same happened yesterday for some reason

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 goodfella

If you have no username and password for connecting through the modem use...

Username : eircom@eircom.net
    Password : broadband1

hope this helps

Is this the standard username and password? Also, will it be automatically entered when displayed?

I have the same issue at the moment...

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭DECEiFER

goodfella wrote: »
    Is this the standard username and password? Also, will it be automatically entered when displayed?

I have the same issue at the moment...

Thanks
    That's the standard one for everyone, yeah. Just enter it in using a PPPoE or PPPoA connection (yes, PPPoA works - and it adds 50-100 Kilobits to your speed due to less overhead).

Enter the info into your router by going to this following page:
    http://192.168.1.254/indexExptCfgRES.htm?confConnRES.htm

Here's a screenshot of the information I put in on a remote connection I have to a PC at Shannon Community Radio. The fact that I can connect to it means that the information must be correct. :D

eircom-connect.jpg

Advertisement