Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drunken Ramblings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

OP did you partake in the consumption of any mind altering drugs last night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Is this a wind up thread ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

OP, from what I've read, it sounds like you and your mates kept dancing/getting close to some guys girlfriends/family/something like that. He got pissed off with you.

There is absolutely no evidence whatsoever that these are prostitutes.

Ridiculous post tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,570 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

If the OP was written in concise paragraph form and not like a senior infants' writing exercise, it wouldn't have taken half as long to read. Dunno what to say about the whole, except maybe one of the hoes was yore ma, and the pimp knew this and was protecting you? Gotta hand it to him tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

So what I'm thinking happened is:

The OP was in Tamangoes enjoying it's ancient Celtic history when he decided to hit on some 15 year old girls with his mate.

The girls chaperone, the father of one of the girls threatened the OP's mate because he wouldn't leave them alone.

Then when the bouncers went over they simply pointed out the two drunken lads who reported them and mentioned that they wouldn't go away all night.

Case closed, just call me Sherlock. :cool:
    But of course! Sherlock - you are a genius.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

thats what the OP gets for going to Tamangos on a thursday night.Friday or Saturday are the only good days in there.and they're barely even good

as for the "prostitution".....i think Sherlock has the right idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

Maybe it's personal heritage, he could have lost his virginity there(shudder).
    It was also the ancestral home of Sunshine101, but that's probably a better reason to knock the place down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Jesus that OP burned the eyes out of me.

In reference to the heritage part, maybe the OP thought he was in Tir na Nog not Tamangoes, that would explain the shrinking ladies! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Wossack wrote: »
    -advertisement-
    ladies! sick of lecherous orbiting no-hopers? hire a 'pimp' for the night, and keep the wolves at bay!

Best. Ad. Ever.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

/OP wakes up

"Yawn, tp tp tp - ohh me head, where was I last night."

/looks in wallet

"Feck, how much did I drink last night?"

/logs on to boards

......can't wait.:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Unaton

Ah Tomangoes. What a legendary place.

OP, the rant on boards.ie won't stop the prostitution.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

If the OP was written in concise paragraph form and not like a senior infants' writing exercise

Perhaps he is a foreign national...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

this has just left me confused

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Personally Weathercheck I think there is only one thing to do.

Change your name to Grammercheck. That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

If this was prostitution,which I seriously doubt(and tbh dont really care), would the older men in question not be somewhere else getting what they paid good money for instead of arsing about on a dancefloor in Tamangos at the cost of few hundred an hour?

Drunk posts...ya gotta love em

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Silent Partner

Tomangoes. Heritage. Aha. Ha. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D

The OP is a funny chap. Still, what he should do is sober himself up and try to explain exactly what happened. According to his post it sounds like he went into some sort of rip in fabric of space and time where gender and age were interchangable. I'd actually be interested to hear his story if I could make sense of it.

I have always found Tomangoes to be a sham of an establishment and the bouncers to be some of the most ignorant and arrogant in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Next boards beers in Tamangoes...

All in favour, say YORE MA!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

So older chap is out with younger women and they are all prostitutes beacuse you say so, and the bouncers threw you out for nothing??

Hardly.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Manimal

Hello,

I arrive in from Tamangoes after a Thursday night,

I have to say i am both disgusted and extremely angry.

I never knew that this age in our time in MY community such disgusting and evil things took place.

Tonight in "joes" as its known locally i witnessed perhaps the worst crime i have known, i innocently did not know this was happening.

It was an empty night but we arrived after one or 2 drinks.

After a while we decided to head to the dancefloor, a grey haired man was with about 5 of the young girls, this seemed quite suspsiciouls, he was no less thant 40 years old and the women were no more than 30 years old.

As the night progressed we danced with them but we noticed something suspect, i am quite "nosey" as some might say and as i was interested with this group i stayed in contact.

The grey haired fellow went and danced with each of these 5 men one after the other, well one and the other, now sure if he used each twice.

I talked to these girls and they were like " he's my boss" my friend told me that they had said to him that " he was his dad". oour suspicion grew,

At around 130 when this grew haired man locked his head together with mine when i simply said hello to him i knew something was iffy.

So we danced and these 5 circa 25 year olds danced with, one of mates particularly danced with one of these girls but he grew concerned and at around 230 he confronted one of them, one of the grey haired men approached him and said " if you do anymore i will knife you", my friend quickly exited the premises and was keen to get home, these were not 2 friendly fellows but two criminals threatening my friend.

He went home feareful, this guy is the most friendly guy and is not in anyway at all known for violence.

Anyway me and my other friend now left alone are dancing on the dancelfloor, some older people are with us too...

We dance these 5 girls are present, one goes for my mate, we are extra suspicious... we head for the exit..

Me and my mate and one of the older fellows, go to the bouncers, this is so so weird and that is why i am posting, we point to these 2 strange grey haired characters who have been associating with these young no less than 15 year old younger girls, we pointed them out suggesting they were "prostitutes" which we all agreed they were, the bouncers at first agreed and went to catch them........... but when they viewed them they were stumbled, they go " as sure they are gentlemen" and push me, my friend and older group out of the said club.

I had previously had so much respect for the club, so much heritage, it was the local........... i had never expected a "prostitude ring" to be operating withing the sector.

I am hurt, angry, these guys who used to welcome me with open arms into the club will no more, we have caught them accepting a terrible trade go before them, i am ashamed, but what can i do?

The guards will hardly listen to such menial problems..

My friend was threatened with death due to a nightclubs involvement with prostitution, the nightclub bouncers accept this, as we POINTED out the culprits and they were obviously associated with the club and they proceeded to remove us from the club after just pointing them out! they physically removed us!!

I am so disgusted, what should i do??

You should mind your own business. I'd say your eyeballs were fairly popping out of your head at the sight of all these cute young ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Some of ye need to relax.
    Guy was pissed and had access to boards (lethal combination).
    Probably won't fully understand the post himself when he reads it.

'Drunk person talks utter Sh*te' shocker.

• Advertisement

Although their gender changes a few times as well.

Its been known to happen :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I love those depressed philosophical moods I get when I come home alone, drunk, after spending a fortune.

/Doesn't happen anymore; gave up the booze

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭jetski

Hello,

i witnessed perhaps the worst crime i have known, i innocently did not know this was happening.

a grey haired man was with about 5 of the young girls, this seemed quite suspsiciouls, he was no less thant 40 years old and the women were no more than 30 years old.

The grey haired fellow went and danced with each of these 5 men one after the other,

I talked to these girls and they were like " he's my boss" my friend told me that they had said to him that " he was his dad". oour suspicion grew, (almost like something out of columbo)

At around 130 when this grew haired man locked his head together with mine when i simply said hello to him i knew something was iffy. (spideysence)

So we danced and these 5 circa 25 year olds danced with

we point to these 2 strange grey haired characters who have been associating with these young no less than 15 (originally 30) year old younger girls, we pointed them out suggesting they were "prostitutes"

I had previously had so much respect for the club, so much heritage, it was the local........... i had never expected a "prostitude ring" to be operating withing the sector (The dancefloor none the less)

I am hurt, angry, these guys who used to welcome me with open arms into the club will no more,

probably a work night out with some family memebers....

This would be more suited to the conspiracy theory section.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭boardinwork

My advice would be to write something more interesting. Can i have my 5 minutes back please? I've got a headache now - Thanks :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Satire?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

What is it with interesting titles and then totally mundane threads of late? E.g. the "crossed the line" one, the "war on terror" one and now this...

OP, why are you "hurt"?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Manimal wrote: »
    You should mind your own business. I'd say your eyeballs were fairly popping out of your head at the sight of all these cute young ones.
    Was it really necessary to quote his whole post?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Obviously the "gangsters" he encountered moved around some of the keys on this keyboard before he got home to avoid detection - pure genius!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

Unaton wrote: »
    Ah Tomangoes. What a legendary place.

OP, the rant on boards.ie won't stop the prostitution.

aha a fellow portmarnock head.first one ive found on here
    whiskeyman wrote: »
    Next boards beers in Tamangoes...

All in favour, say YORE MA!!

YORE MA!! nice short walk home for me

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

xzanti wrote: »
    Perhaps he is a foreign national...

Or has Bad Grammer.. Leave the Foriengers alone god bless them!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement