Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drunken Ramblings

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Miss Fluff wrote: »
    I know, my heart was in my mouth reading it thinking poor old Weathercheck was going to be attacked by child prostitutes. Phew.

It was a close call :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

100% for the new title. Don't think I've ever been able to write so much when drunk. I'd say I've spoken that much crap, but never kept a record of it.

Let a barrage of similar threads follow this weekend. Maybe more peeps will go to.. eh... that place. Where all the gang go <shudder>

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

I thought he was drunk too but I was curious and came across some CC tv from Tamangoes on Thursday night. There might be something to this.Tamangoes.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

I know the shame of it all :o

Next time i go i'll wear a weathercheck tshirt so every can say hello okay?

i dont think u understand

NONE OF US WOULD BE SEEN DEAD THERE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

I spent all yesterday morning unable to see for the tears of laughter. Please keep us up to date with any future underworld stories that you, ah, "research" at the Portmarnock Heritage Centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

The current location of Tamangoes was originally settled by Viking Raiders who landed along the coastline of North Dublin in the eigth century.

The word 'Tamangoes' is actually an English corruption of the Proto-Norse word 'Tumungus', meaning 'she with no under-garments'.

The site became famous during the 16th Century as Sir Walter Raleigh persued the Desmond Rebels across the country.

Legend has it that one night as he camped in Malahide, one of his spies entered his chamber. Eager to hear news of rebel sightings in the area, his spy exclaimed "Tomangoes - that's were the gang doth verily goeth".

It is also claimed that Tamangoes was also the ill-chosen sight of a proposed peace-treaty meeting between DeValera and Michael Collins during the Irish Civil war.

DeValera, however, was refused entry by the doorman who stated "Yer not gettin' dressed like dat, bud", so hostilities resumed until Michael Collins was eventually assassinated by a young Jonathan Rees Myers.

Despite it's historical significance, the site has lain in ruins to this day.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭spiderman1885

Good owl drunken internet... Thank you Weathercheck.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Turnip2000

Tomangoes is a hip place!!

cause her wa black and eyes were blue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Defenestrate

A legend of a topic has returned! I wonder if the Guards have busted that Tomangoes prostitute ring right open yet? :rolleyes::D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Turnip2000

Weathercheck... have you been back yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

He's there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Bah

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement