Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refunds for London Underground delays

Options
  • 04-04-2008 3:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

Saw this on a bargains site and thought it might be useful for boardsies in England, hope it is use to someone anyway.

Link here. Seems handy to do it online (I think this is also quite new).
    If you experience a delay to your journey of more than 15 minutes, for reasons within our control, we will refund you with a voucher to the value of the single delayed journey. Please note that refunds cannot be made if a delay is beyond our control or that of our contractors such as security alerts, third party action or adverse weather conditions. This also applies to service changes advertised in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

When you compare this to the way Irish Rail treat their passengers during and as a result of delays, it's crazy.
    Having used the tube for years, the attitude of their staff is 10 times better then Irish Rail. Very customer and information driven.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

They're upgrading the underground completely though, surely they can't afford to refund everyone? Though when I was there, 2 weeks ago, it was only really affecting the Circle Line. The tube is amazing, and the amount of people in the free newspapers there saying that London has really crap public transport:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

I have a friend who used to live in Docklands, and used the train to get to work. She learnt the rules, and set up a outine so that she'd pick up the claim form when she got off the train, fill it in on the way to work, drop it off and pick up the next form. She travelled free for a significant period.

Advertisement