Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City Centre to Leixlip

Options
  • 04-04-2008 9:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Just wondering, I have to get to Leixlip later on today and the only feasible way is via taxi - I am just wondering am I going to run into trouble with drivers refusing to go out there, claiming its beyond the 30km regulation limit?

A straight line from City Centre out to Leixlip is around then 20Km - but all roads are not in a straight line :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Bus/train is not an option for you ?

And the regulations limit for outside Dublin was done away with.

Basically you are heading out the N4 and getting of at the lexslip junction.
    So it's the Con conbert road, chapeliziod by pass, the lucan road, lucan by pass, lexslip road.
    The route is on google maps.
    I have friends who live out there and further on in Maynooth and yes taxis' do go out that far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Bus and train are definitely out - its case of leaving work and getting out there before 7:30 on a Friday...in rush hour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

The train does it in about half hour and leaves from Connoly.

dep. 17:46 arr. 18:14
    dep. 18:08 arr. 18:35
    dep 18:18 arr. 18:49
    dep 18:39 arr. 19:06
    dep 19:10 arr. 19:37

Does that leave me anywhere near Cooldrinagh?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

where's cooldrinagh? not in leixlip, i dont think... :confused:

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Neither train station, Confey or Louisa Bridge will leave you anywhere near Cooldrinagh. The bus however, will. Get the 66X and get off at the stop just after the Springfield hotel, there's signs Guiness Becketts etc, and the road to the left is the one you want. The last X is at 6 and will get you there at 7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Celtic67

Neither train station, Confey or Louisa Bridge will leave you anywhere near Cooldrinagh. The bus however, will. Get the 66X and get off at the stop just after the Springfield hotel, there's signs Guiness Becketts etc, and the road to the left is the one you want. The last X is at 6 and will get you there at 7.

The 67 or 67A to Celbridge will leave you at the opposite entrance to Cooldinagh beside Weston Airport on Celbridge/Dublin Rd, about 5 min walk after that. A taxi will cost approx €25-€30.
    The 66 bus to Leixlip should leave you very close to Becketts if thats where you are off to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

A taxi would go there no problem, but yea the 66/66a/66b will leave you right beside Beckets. It'll take about an hour-ish just get off after this massive cattle mart thingy just after a bridge and a roundabout.

Advertisement