Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weekend Premiership Fixtures Sinulator (with scores)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Mickey Owen!! Great finish!

2-0 to the Toon.

We just look such a different side under Keegan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

1-0 at the half. Have to say we're very unlucky not to be level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Xavi, I have a bit of a soft spot for Sven. Aside from my hatred of everything Enlgish(:rolleyes:, well I actually do) that was the reason I leapt with joy as Steve McClaren suffered. '

But to be fair a lot of City's matches have left me a bit down I guess, but today they look vibrant and up for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Mickey Owen!! Great finish!

2-0 to the Toon.

We just look such a different side under Keegan.

It was only a matter of time really, some good attacking players at the club

Unearthly wrote: »
    It was only a matter of time really, some good attacking players at the club

Not under Big Sam it wouldn't. The way we are keeping the ball on the deck these days and passing with such calmness and confidence is the big difference, and that would never come with Big Sam given his philosophy on how the game should be played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

Sunderland 1-0, looking on for 3 prem wins in a row for the first time since 2000.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Not under Big Sam it wouldn't. The way we are keeping the ball on the deck these days and passing with such calmness and confidence is the big difference, and that would never come with Big Sam given his philosophy on how the game should be played.

I was more talking about under Keegan.

Xavi, I have a bit of a soft spot for Sven. Aside from my hatred of everything Enlgish(:rolleyes:, well I actually do) that was the reason I leapt with joy as Steve McClaren suffered. '

But to be fair a lot of City's matches have left me a bit down I guess, but today they look vibrant and up for it.

Well the problem has been that while we have an excellent first XI, we have next to nothing outside of that. For instance last week we were missing Petrov, Richards, Johnson and Corluka and had to play Sun Jihai. That simply isn't going to work. We haven't been able to field out best team really in God knows how long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

come on City

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sundireland are safe

Mike.

Keano!!!!! Keano!!!!

2-0 Game over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

f**k 2-0 chelsea

Should be 3. Hart playing superb. Onuoha about to be stretchered off. Goes from bad to worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

typical Chelsea though, Dunne scores an own goal, and then the 2nd goal came from a deflection which just landed magically into Kalous path. Annoying, but what can ya do.

• Advertisement

Does not look good for Ned. Massive blow. He was having an excellent game too.

Fulham have 4 strikers on the pitch! 4-2-4!
    2-0 down and Sunderland are crusing.

Toon up by 3 now, Viduka. The 3 man offence is flying!

Didn't get to see the goal though as I had to go down to the sitting room for the ritual grand national family flutter.

Duffer getting a run out for the last 20 or so mins, will be interesting to see how he fares.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭King John V

Hopefully Duffer will do well for the toon. It would be fantastic to see him regain some of that potential.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Looks very like the 3 teams that play in all white are going down with a whimper.
    And Spurs/City have lost interest since they won their cup finals.

Hopefully Duffer will do well for the toon. It would be fantastic to see him regain some of that potential.

He's looked lively and certainly more hungry than he's been in the last 6 months (think he may realise the writing's on the wall) but he genuinely does look to be short of that special pace he once had, and without that is an ordinary player.

Unless he finds a way to re-invent himself (like Owen is doing at the moment) I fear that he will turn into the player Giggs has become now, at a much much earlier age than Giggs did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Backing against Sunderland doesnt seem to be working for you Des. What score was it this week? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Pretty proud of SunderIreland-played well...

Good spot on the board now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

Looks look Viduka is entering new contract territory, why else would he be pulling the finger out and giving some good displays!

Just watching the preview for United vs. Boro. The preview they ran for some reason was in the stadium, not sure why, but there was nobody there, which means it wasn't live. They lied to us!!

Anyone watchin via a TVU stream?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Ronaldo with his 37th goal of the season...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

PHB wrote: »
    Just watching the preview for United vs. Boro. The preview they ran for some reason was in the stadium, not sure why, but there was nobody there, which means it wasn't live. They lied to us!!

It's the Riverside, there's never anyone at the Riverside...:D

Come on the Boro! Alves' first goal.

• Advertisement

Annoyed at some of the reffing today, 3 advantages that should have been played, Rooney clearly onside and a clear handball not given.

Giggs has been ****, O'Shea has been worse. Would like to see Park and Pique come on respectively.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

2-1 boro alves again nice finsih.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Nice finish, considering he hadn't scored before today.

How bad are Utd at the back ?

Sqeaky bum time indeed, should be 3-1.

Conditions looks bad, I'd say try a few shots along the ground.

Love it

Well thats a clear corner...

How do the officials miss things like that.

Ferdinand coming off limping, merked innit.

Pique and Brown with Hargreaves in a makeshift backline.

The title is Chelsea's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭BKtje

2-2 wasn't too bad a result in hindsight (though i would never have accepted it before hand :p ).

manu just need to draw to Arsenal and Chelsea and win the rest of their games, no problem :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Great result today, just gives Arsenal a small chance, we must go all out now to beat man utd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

jayzus, nerves wracked........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

Fair result in the end, either side could have won it.

Giggs was muck today right from the word go. He received a ball straight from kick off and was just bullied off it by someone coming in from behind.

We now know O' Shea & Brown have been made look good by Ferdinand and Vidic this season. The defence was a mess today and far too often they were caught for pace with a striker on side and goal side of them :rolleyes:

Giggs should have been taken off first with Tevez left on.

Anyway, the point ensures we can still afford to lose one. That one realistically can be Chelsea as you'd fancy Utd to beat Arsenal at OT.

Blackburn away will be tough, West Ham and Wigan at home should be wins.

Worst case scenario for utd imo - beat Arsenal, West ham and Wigan. Draw at Blackburn, lose to Chelsea.

That would leave us on 87 points. Arsenal would be out of it.

Chelsea have to face Everton and Newcastle away, both can be tough away fixtures. Let's say they lose or draw one of those and win their remaining 4, it would leave them on 86/87 points, even if they beat Utd.

Utd would win on GD if it finished level on 87.

So that point could be a big one today. I don't think we'll see a Utd collapse like we did an Arsenal one ;)

Utd have bounced back from the early set backs at the start of the season plus the city defeat at home which was a big blow.

10 out of 15 points will be enough to win it for Utd imo. If Chelsea win all remaining 5 matches, they'll deserve it, but i can't see it happening, not when they're in the CL semi's and beyond (assuming they do in fact get there).

But it's not like Utd to play for draws or play over 5 games, they'll be out to win all of them one by one and particularly against Chelsea & Arsenal as that's where the real damage can be done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,917 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I think Giggs was left on in an effort to pack the midfield more, and I think the way to beat Middlesbrough (for the top 4, who is all they perform against), is to take the midfield advantage away from them, they have players in the middle who get stuck in and stop the other side playing football, it's no surprise that swapping a forward man for a midfielder, ended up with Utd unlucky not to take all 3 points.

Advertisement