Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gambling strategies - Help please

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Agree with wb that this thread needs to be locked

It has gotten a bit out of control and personal attacks are not helpful

Everyone should just agree to disagree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭CaptainNemo

I'm pretty sure IrishMike is trolling. No one with a computer science degree could make these kinds of mistakes in thinking.

*Thinks about computer science graduates he has known* actually never mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

wb wrote: »

Christ lads, this thread needs to be locked. It's just embarrassing.

QFT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

IrishMike wrote: »
    And since that is the only strategy that can make money every gambler
    made losses before betting exchanges became mainstream.
    Do you honestly not see the holes in the crap ye are speaking?

That's it Mike, release the rage!!!!

You can pick a winner in Soccer/GAA but don't look at value. That's a good talent but if you listened to some of the advice here you'd be doing a lot better.

I'm not saying you're not a winner but you're ignoring a large part of things and ignoring any advice you're getting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭lolkelly

I asked about 15 times for someone to explain this as laying is not a concept
    i am overly familiar with.
    Thanks for that Mellor, appreciate it.

Mike, you should see that this is not only restricted to laying. If for example you only want to use the conventional bookie to place your bets (i.e. not the exchanges which allow you to lay selections) Now if as Mellor says you think Tiger has a 40% chance of winning, and the price you can get on tiger is 2/1 then this would be considered a value bet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

And since that is the only strategy that can make money every gambler
    made losses before betting exchanges became mainstream.
    Do you honestly not see the holes in the crap ye are speaking?
    Jaysus man you are going backwards. You really are struggling with this.
    This is a basic principle. There is no-on here claiming any greatness, just trying to get across a point.
    We're trying to tell you that grass is green yet you are convinced otherwise. We didn't make the grass green, thats just the way it is.

Take time to read over it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Forky wrote: »
    This is a basic principle. There is no-on here claiming any greatness, just trying to get across a point.

Ok first off i fully understand the principle after reading Mellors post.
    Secondly if you reread some posts in this thread there are people more or less
    claiming to know almost everything about gaming theory and that their way
    is the only way.
    Im disputing this claim, im not disputing the system.
    Thats the difference.
    I accept the fact that using value can be profitable.
    Thats not a problem, ill bet even sometimes subconsciously i do it myself.
    But im also saying that its more than possible to be a profitable gambler by
    not using the value of the bet as a reason to bet or not bet.
    Im also saying that even if you use value and study form etc that luck
    also plays a part.
    Thats my point of view

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Always a sure sign that things have kicked off when there are nearly a hundred posts in a thread in a short space of time. I think this point has been done to death by now anyways.

Also, Hotspur, I normally enjoy your posts, but ones like the one here are very close to the line. There are surely other ways to get your point across without resorting to insults.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement