Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Berlin Leather Chair is Back

• 04-04-2008 9:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭

Viking Direct, have this chair back in stock, leather & chrome swivel/tilt/height adjust in black and brown.
    Sale up until 1st June, €49.99 each

Codes

AD4-978405 Black
    AD4-979273 Brown

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭blobert

I believe it was about €25 before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Blip

Emm, not sure other than its RRP €149.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

No RRP's on bargain alerts ,just bargains ,thats all ! :D

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055130195

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,013 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

davton wrote: »

Heh Heh, maybe someone in the purchasing department filled in one too many zero's on the last order!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭rosboy

eo980 wrote: »
    Heh Heh, maybe someone in the purchasing department filled in one too many zero's on the last order!
    Maybe more than 1 zero too many. When i collected my chair from the Limerick DHL depot, the guy there told me that themselves and Viking Direct are sister companies, and that they had 180,000 to clear. He reckons that the chairs were discontinued.Thats an astronomical number, and I had my doubts on it...until I saw that there is a Vikingdirect.co.uk also selling the chairs (they too are sold out before you go frantically searching:p). At the bottom of their website there is an option to "select you country", and the following are listed:

Austria
    Belgium
    France
    Germany
    Italy
    Luxemberg
    Neatherlands
    Spain
    Switzerland
    United Kingdom
    United States

So 180k chairs between these 12 countries seems about right!

Puzzle solved?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭mcic

rosboy wrote: »
    So 180k chairs between these 12 countries seems about right!

Puzzle solved?

Viking have been selling these chairs (or similar ones) for years now - always around the same price. They do it to encourage people to keep ordering with them (like their free "gifts" - normally absolute crap - and other loss-leaders). Most people ordering are businesses so they'll usually put in fairly decent sized orders and regularly. They have similar sales where they sell things very cheap/at cost/at a loss every few months - normally things like paper (10c a ream), etc. They also have a very weird catalogue system - they'll bombard you with catalogues for their monthly "sales", with each one having different codes for the same products, all of which will result in different prices.

So, there's no puzzle really, it's only a bit unusual because they're selling for approx €20 +vat instead of the normal ("Sale") price of €30 +vat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Akula

Are these any good? Better than equivelantly priced chair from say argos?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Yes, they're great and far better than anything similarly priced from Argos. Someone here said (amusingly enough) that my ass would thank them for getting it...it really really did. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I'm sitting it one, right now in work. Can't go wrong at the money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭rosboy

gizmo wrote: »
    Yes, they're great and far better than anything similarly priced from Argos. Someone here said (amusingly enough) that my ass would thank them for getting it...it really really did. ;)

+1

If I paid €100 for this chair, I wouldn't be disappointed with the finished product!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Akula wrote: »
    Are these any good? Better than equivelantly priced chair from say argos?

I had a more expensive one from argos, its now retired, nothing like the comfort or support of the berlin one

Advertisement