Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

rover 25 - advice please

Options
  • 04-04-2008 10:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

hey everybody.

im pretty new on the whole car scene and im after finding a good deal online on a rover 25, 2001, 1.4 petrol, 92k miles, 2 owners. has anybody got any info for me, good or bad, either from their own or somebody they know's experience on the rovers or 25's in general. this will also be my first car (if i go ahead and buy it).

thanks in advance,
    alan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,832 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Ask if its had the head gasket changed - and if it has, did it have the Land Rover one put in as a replacement (its far more reliable)
    Timing belt should have been done for definite by now, possibly twice - some recommend doing it before the MGR suggested interval

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

The Rover K-Series engine has an appetite for head gaskets. Make sure there is no mayonnaise-like mush when you remove the radiator cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Make sure you have all keys and codes as there can occasionally be problems since the dealers are not official rover dealers anymore.

Advertisement