Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warr Tank Advice

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Felguard Annihilators on an undergeared tank, with no lock in the group = a *world* of pain tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

I always considered Mech as the easiest Heroic and the third boss in Mgt is also find easy. As a tank there is very little you can do apart from taunt the mob off your healer whenever its you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Anti wrote: »

For a quick boost do some pvp (bg) some great items out of it.

The only item from Honor points that is at all useful for tanking is the Gladiator's Shield Wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

yeh i was thinking of going to try to get the gladiator shield wall, but as i said in an earlier post i suck at pvp on the war, although i would like to go farm av and tank balina and van.

think heroics r gettin knocked on the head for a few days anyway!!

that axe u mentioned from the quest line, i read that before, doesnt the quest line involve about 15 quests?!! heard its an awful line to complete

cheers again guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

WellyJ wrote: »
    The only item from Honor points that is at all useful for tanking is the Gladiator's Shield Wall.

What about the rings ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

No +def or avoidance on them, so I wouldn't waste the honor on them.

spent a couple of hours last night pvping on the warr, thought i wouldnt have a chance, haha i was amazed!

i kept the board and the warlords axe and it took multiple mobs, (in particular warriors in full s1/s2 seemed to go after me) ages to grind me down, even with my current gear.

had great fun tanking belinda and tanking van and managed to rack up about 6000 hoour points in a fairly quick time, considerin i suck with the warr.

dont know whenther to get the s1 shield this week, or wait for the s2 shield, which i think has about 600 more armor and like 15 block or something.

how many more weeks we gonna have to wait...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭jason&arthur

while using green gems its 90% of the time its worth going for the socket bonus if its useful in any way to you, since the socket bonus value is based of the item level and since ur using lvl 70 blues they are almost always better to go for than stacking stats with green gems. in 3 socket items its sometimes different, but a good habit to get into is working out which gets u more *total* stats.

for example in ur bracers, an enduring deep purlot (3 def 4 stam) over the 9 stam gem would give u 3 def 7 stam vs 9 stam, which is clearly better esp. since stam is the cheapest stat in terms of ilvl.

another thing is Talasite are very very very very very cheap on most servers (talkin 3-6g each) and can often be worth buyin in bulk for a new tank, and just puttin +4 def +6 stam in every yellow and blue socket... maybe not on ur server, but its worth a look ;)

yeh i see what your saying, thanks for the info. ill check it out later.. doesnt seem to be many jewelcutters on my realm, i bought all the +9 stams and +8 def that were available over a few days, both in ah and from /2 spam!

Advertisement