Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL broadband 6mb

Options
  • 04-04-2008 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,763 ✭✭✭✭

Well all

Quick question. Is it possible can sign up for ntl 6mb broadband without upgrading to digital package?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 paulyx

You dont need Digital for BB. No problem there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 bmw 320d

how much is it a month on its own .ie. any hidden charges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Mencius

bmw 320d wrote: »
    how much is it a month on its own .ie. any hidden charges.

The speed increases are in effect now for new customers so the 6mb is €30 a month, for €40 you get 12mb. Great prices but can be dodgy depending on where you live.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

From UPC's site after clicking on the broadbad section, then clicking on "Do I need to subscribe to cable TV to get Broadband?" at the right of the page:
    UPC wrote:
    No. However there is a €6 monthly surcharge for taking broadband on its own. We have great deals when you take two or more services including half price Digital TV and Broadband for 2 months when you connect to Chorus ntl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 bmw 320d

it says for existing costumers 30euro,i have the basic t.v package with them years does that mean it will be 30euro or will they add on the 6euro surcharge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

it says for existing costumers 30euro,i have the basic t.v package with them years does that mean it will be 30euro or will they add on the 6euro surcharge.

ring them and ask. they will give the best price quote and info on latest offers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

It'll be 30, unless they changed it very recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭stanley1

standalone is €36 for 3mb.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I believe the surcharge only applies when you only get broadband with no TV service.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

If you have the basic cable package then you do not need to pay the extra €6 for broadband. It is only when you are not getting any other service from NTL other then the broadband that you have to pay the €6. All of these questions could have easily been answered by any NTL/Chorus/UPC sales person in less then a few mins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭bricks

Do they put some sort of filters on it?
    Has anyone got there no-tv just BB service?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

bricks wrote: »

Good question, I heard before that they were unable to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭stanley1

Do I need to subscribe to cable TV to get Broadband?
    No. However there is a €6 monthly surcharge for taking broadband on its own. We have great deals when you take two or more services including half price Digital TV and Broadband for 2 months when you connect to Chorus ntl.

from upc.ie website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

bricks wrote: »

What do you mean filter?

I imagine it would be illegal for them to do that unless it was specified in the terms and conditions that you were getting a different service than the users subscribed to multiple services from UPC.

I've read most of the T&C and have not seen this as I'm looking at getting the service myself. Obviously you should read them yourself before purchasing the product. It would only take 5-10 minutes of your time to avoid future headaches.

Advertisement