Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Supporters Clubs

Options
  • 04-04-2008 11:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hello all! I was wondering if anyone knew of a Chelsea Supporters Club in Sligo? I know there's a Man Utd and Arsenal one, presume Liverpool must have one too...

But as far as I know, and can see, there aren't too many Chelsea fans in Sligo :)

I'm a member of the Official Supporters Club and try and get over a few times a year for matches...

Anyone here aware of a Sligo branch? Or maybe interested in getting one set up?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I'm a member of the Sligo Fenerbahce Supporters Club. :)

Edit;

2 people you will never see in the same room at the same time

avram-grant.jpg

Avram Grant

webber2.jpg

Baron Greenback

• Registered Users Posts: 46,014 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Rozbeef wrote: »
    Hello all! I was wondering if anyone knew of a Chelsea Supporters Club in Sligo?................Anyone here aware of a Sligo branch? Or maybe interested in getting one set up?
    Yip. They meet once a month in the phone box in O'Connell Street :D

Sorry, couldnt resist that

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭red bellied

There used to be a Chelsea supporters club at one stage. West Ham and Spurs both have supporters clubs in the town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Rozbeef

I was of course expecting the comical replies :D in terms of popularity chelsea are probably the equivalent of adolf hitler :cool:

Which phone box muffler? :D

And this is genius

vkhvojypfsyh64mrg2.gif

Mr Grant after Drogba's second goal against Arsenal!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Any deaf people hear (boom boom!) who can translate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Looks like he's drowning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭sligobhoy67

There used to be a Chelsea supporters club at one stage. West Ham and Spurs both have supporters clubs in the town.

No joke, I think the Charlton Athletic one for Ireland is based in Sligo Town

I would say the biggest SC is rightly so the Sligo Rovers Supporters Trust (of which I am a proud member) second then would be the Man Utd and Celtic ones I'd say.

Arenal have quite a big one also.

Think there used to be a Leeds SC in the Stables

Think there used to be a Leeds SC in the Stables

I think Mousey Farrell ran that one - I think there is a hardcore of Leeds supporter in town but they all seem to be the same age - approx 39-44

Gillie wrote: »
    Looks like he's drowning!
    Looks like he's showing Drogba how to dive properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

is there a liverpool one, if so, any one know where

<waits patiently for the comic responses>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

They are meeting tomorrow night at 8 o'clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

And this is genius

vkhvojypfsyh64mrg2.gif

Mr Grant after Drogba's second goal against Arsenal!
    An edited version from a member of the Football365 forum:

19o00i.gif

Makes me laugh anyway!

awooga.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Speaking of supporters clubs, I'd be fairly confident that there's a Sunderland one in town, what with the whole Irish connection and all.
    I'm a member of the Sligo Fenerbahce Supporters Club. :)
    That's a unique club to have in these here parts! The only supporter's club I'm a member of currently is the Montreal Canadiens (NHL) one.........I'm the only member. :(
    awooga.
    Rule 1, etc. Back on topic. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

That's a unique club to have in these here parts! The only supporter's club I'm a member of currently is the Montreal Canadiens (NHL) one.........I'm the only member.

:mad:

*curlers + rolling pin look*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

awooga.

:D

fergie.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Jabby

Hello all! I was wondering if anyone knew of a Chelsea Supporters Club in Sligo? I know there's a Man Utd and Arsenal one, presume Liverpool must have one too...

But as far as I know, and can see, there aren't too many Chelsea fans in Sligo :)

I'm a member of the Official Supporters Club and try and get over a few times a year for matches...

Anyone here aware of a Sligo branch? Or maybe interested in getting one set up?
    I am a Chelsea fan and not one of the latest recruits either. There are plenty of Chelsea fans around Sligo but they aren't as loud-mouthy as the Man U or Lverpool fans. These same Man U and Liverpool shower would like you to believe that Chelsea are an anti Irish club and in some way affiliated with Glasgow Rangers (which of course is a load of rubbish) If anything, that should apply to Liverpool. Their famous KOP means 'King Over Pope' as it were Everton who were the more Catholic/Irish club in that city,
    As for Man U... They are very scarce in their own city as Manchester is a Man City stronghold with few United supporters.
    So Roll on the Premiership and Champions League for Chelsea next month.
    Todays result Middlesbrough v Man U (2-2) will now open the door for the blues to win their third premiership in 4 years.
    It's no wonder you get all the smart quips about Chelsea, phone boxes etc....Jealousy.

Jabby wrote: »
    I am a Chelsea fan and not one of the latest recruits either. There are plenty of Chelsea fans around Sligo but they aren't as loud-mouthy as the Man U or Lverpool fans. These same Man U and Liverpool shower would like you to believe that Chelsea are an anti Irish club and in some way affiliated with Glasgow Rangers (which of course is a load of rubbish) If anything, that should apply to Liverpool. Their famous KOP means 'King Over Pope' as it were Everton who were the more Catholic/Irish club in that city,
    As for Man U... They are very scarce in their own city as Manchester is a Man City stronghold with few United supporters.
    Todays result Middlesbrough v Man U (2-2) will now open the door for the blues to win their third premiership in 4 years.
    It's no wonder you get all the smart quips about Chelsea, phone boxes etc....Jealousy.
    They're all British clubs to me , that thing about the Kop is incorrect as is the remark about there being few Manchester United supporters in Manchester , presumably you are including Salford in that.

I doubt if they would even allow that post in the soccer forum. The thread has been running fine with a bit light hearted banter so please keep it that way.

• Advertisement

. These same Man U and Liverpool shower would like you to believe that Chelsea are an anti Irish club and in some way affiliated with Glasgow Rangers (which of course is a load of rubbish).

never heard that before tbh, and have supported liverpool for almost 20 years, so it must be a load of rubbish

anywhy, back to the topic of conversation, does anyone know if/where there is a liverpool supporters club in sligo, preferbly in the town

Feehilys seem to get a good crowd of Liverpool fans for matches

Feehilys seem to get a good crowd of Liverpool fans for matches

theres a few pubs i know that would get plenty of fans, but its where the actual supporters club meets up, to discuss/arrange travel to matches, etc.

yeah that's what i'd be more interested in. actually being able to meet up and organize trips to stamford bridge etc.

i think the united fan club is in the belfry. arsenal is conollys if i remember correctly. not sure about liverpool though :confused:

if any chelsea fans do happen to be interested, drop me a pm or something.

jabby if you could keep your opinion to yourself that'd be great too. this thread isn't the place for that kind of comments. ta.

and there is a long history between chelsea and rangers fans by the way, not so much recently. but the 70's/80's were.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Jabby's post could well be the most inaccurate posts I've ever read.

Jabby's post could well be the most inaccurate posts I've ever read.

for once I agree with you!

The first sentence in the OP's post is "Hello all! I was wondering if anyone knew of a Chelsea Supporters Club in Sligo?"

Kindly stick to the topic at hand or this gets locked.

Sligobhoy67 please take note.

Number of offtopic posts in this thread by sligobhoy67 = 2
    Number of offtopic posts in this thread by muffler= 2

gustavo wrote: »
    Number of offtopic posts in this thread by sligobhoy67 = 2
    Number of offtopic posts in this thread by muffler= 2
    And another off topic post.

As has been said different times in the past if you are not happy then take it to either PM or start a thread in feedback if you wish.

• Advertisement

stay on topic :)

so i'm guessing the answer to my original question is no then?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement