Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from After Hours

Options
  • 04-04-2008 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭

OK I think I got banned from AH ages ago but I not sure by who and not 100% on why (but I'm pretty sure I know). It's been about 2 years now so think I served my time

To get unbanned usually involves PMing the Mod who did it, correct? So who do I need to ask or can someone else free me?

Thanks.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Dudess, Terry, Almight Cushion to name 3

You know you can log out and see who mods the forum? or check here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Cool, knew that, I have been reading AH since. I just thought it had to be the Mod who did the banning. Although on reflection that would be pointless with Mods changing etc etc.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Well it usually would be the mod who banned you. You should have the PM from them no?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Was easy to find the offending post, you're last Ah post was:
    Irish Halo wrote: »
    God you are all retards.

OK I was pretty sure that was it :p

I stand by that (which I won't go into) but do realise the "no personal abuse" rule and will abide by that.

I never got a PM but just sent Terry one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Wow, Terry would be the last mod I'd pm about it. Sure he won't be sober enough to read the pm till about 6.

humanji wrote: »
    Wow, Terry would be the last mod I'd pm about it. Sure he won't be sober enough to read the pm till about 6.

That's part of the reason I chose him, I love a fellow alcoholic. I've been drunk most of this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

humanji wrote: »
    That would be 2026 just to clarify.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

But on the other hand, Terry really hates everyone who posts in AH, so he may feel sympathetic to the OP...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Just don't post Macbeth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,214 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I never understood the Macbeth thing.

Overheal wrote: »
    I never understood the Macbeth thing.
    It was just done for a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Sherifu wrote: »
    It was just done for a laugh.

No, Terry was sexually assaulted by a band of travelling performers dressed in Macbeth costumes, he never got over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I've hardly been here a year(well actually a year and 4 months) and Boards got on just fine without me, but I think its stupid if the OP isn't allowed back in after such a long time. Even if its like something, yeah you can get back in but you have to set up a new account.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

yeah you can get back in but you have to set up a new account.
    Chances are you'll get your ass kicked out of here for good.

Good to see lessons were learned esteban.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I've hardly been here a year(well actually a year and 4 months) and Boards got on just fine without me, but I think its stupid if the OP isn't allowed back in after such a long time. Even if its like something, yeah you can get back in but you have to set up a new account.
    He never asked anyone to lift his ban until now.
    We don't remember every single ban.
    Lifted now anyway.

Terry wrote: »
    He never asked anyone to lift his ban until now.
    We don't remember every single ban.
    Lifted now anyway.
    Thank you Terry.

I would like to point that I didn't ask for the ban to be lifted beforehand and realise the length of time is completely down to that. I decided to use the ban so I could get used to AH and get to know the pace before I started posting that is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

You spent two years doing that?
    Patience of a saint.

Advertisement