Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name Tattoo

Options
  • 04-04-2008 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭

Yeah or Nah on getting a name tattoo + design of a loved one ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

You gonna let strangers on the internet decide for you?
    Its only you who can choose, All depends on who the loved one is really, Mother/Father/Children id say yeah, BF/GF id say no, there not for everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭heavyheart

dancor wrote: »
    You gonna let strangers on the internet decide for you?
    Its only you who can choose, All depends on who the loved one is really, Mother/Father/Children id say yeah, BF/GF id say no, there not for everyone.

No not at all , just seeing how many were in favor of it .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

I would say a BIG YES. Sure if they leave you or it goes wrong you could just get a strikethrough tattood over it and get the next lucky persons name underneath. :D

Don't do it! ;) unless as stated above it's close family that you will always have an affection for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

:d

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

A huge NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also: Nice one Quattroste + Davey :D

• Advertisement

Im guessing yer saying no then LOL

In THEORY though , would you not be chuffed if your loved one got your name tattooed on them ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

no plainly because im superstitious about it all. they say if you get your loved ones name inked on you, you are doomed to break up with them

presuming its not family, meaning more towards your boyfriend/girlfriend

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

heavyheart wrote: »
    would you not be chuffed if your loved one got your name tattooed on them ?

Yep, I was well chuffed :D

Im mad for another tattoo... but would love to dedicate it to a loved one i no getting names isnt a great idea but are there any other suggestions ???

something that reminds you of them, whether its lyrics, a portrait maybe? who knows. think about it some more :)

• Advertisement

Wilburt wrote: »
    something that reminds you of them, whether its lyrics, a portrait maybe? who knows. think about it some more :)

Cool will do , thanks..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Kidd-o

How many of these type of threads are there...

I'm not mad on them, like even a kids name and DOB!!! you wont forget either of those :P

Kidd-o thats all well and good not forgetting things like that, but say you lose a parent, brother or sister pre-maturely (whatever the reasons) in my mind it would be an honour to have their name or whatever it may be that reminds me off them on my body until the day i die.

wow im so philosophical when drunk. However, drunk or not, my statement still stands... to me anyway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

heavyheart wrote: »
    Im mad for another tattoo... but would love to dedicate it to a loved one i no getting names isnt a great idea but are there any other suggestions ???

i did something like this, there's a song that reminds me very very strongly of my partner, and i got a picture relating to the song, and some lyrics which are done in his handwriting and in mine. it's a quite a pretty tattoo, and im very fond of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Original_Sin

Ive got a butterfly on my back that i drew for my last girlfriend, she was meant to have it tattoo'd onto herself but was tragically killed before she got the chance to get it done.

I decided to get it done in her honour and so's i would never forget her

Ive got a butterfly on my back that i drew for my last girlfriend, she was meant to have it tattoo'd onto herself but was tragically killed before she got the chance to get it done.

I decided to get it done in her honour and so's i would never forget her
    sorry to hear the tragic news of your girl and for getting the tat in honour of your girlfriend im sure you never forget her.So sorry OS.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Teh Russ

Kids/parents/relatives/pets - OK.
    Boyfriends/girlfriends/wives/husbands - not OK. Will probably jinx the whole thing. :D

There must be a lot of tattoo artists out there who make quite a bit of money doing black tribal cover-ups over ex-partner's names...

Teh Russ wrote: »
    Kids/parents/relatives/pets - OK.
    Boyfriends/girlfriends/wives/husbands - not OK. Will probably jinx the whole thing. :D

There must be a lot of tattoo artists out there who make quite a bit of money doing black tribal cover-ups over ex-partner's names...
    the tattooists charge enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

which is, i'd imagine, why he siad they'd make quite a bit of money....

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭DinoBot

Wilburt wrote: »

+1

• Advertisement
Advertisement