Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What a shower of.. Eircon

Options
  • 04-04-2008 12:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭

i no i posted recently here but neways here it goes in short..
    been paying for 2 meg broadband for over a year, excellent line stats could not ask for better. Been set to 1mb on the router page , it maxes out all the time to 110kbs.
    Many phonescalls possibly about 20 at this stage, engineers calling out saying everything is perfect.( about 5 times now.. )
    Even 2 days a engineer came out with his big van and lift thingy told me my line was one of the best he had seen. I asked " Why arent i set on 2mb connection " he replies " i cant do that , you`ll need to ring the technical department" and hands me a piece of paper with their number. The guy seems to have no clue how to change speeds on connections, altho the last engineer was even dumber he wasnt able to turn on my computer...

this has been circling on and off now for about 6 months.

They send out a engineer , he says everything is fine , i ring back the department they send out another engineer and so on.

I filed a offical complaint with eircom about this issue about 2 months ago and was told it would be sorted in 10 days and for me to accept there apoligies.

If u hadent seen before i had 2 weeks downtime because they mixed up my password altho i was told it was a problem at the exchange

im too busy with exams / college atm to really get involved with this , but my god.. it is unnaceptable

line stats 9/8 db attenuation
    40 + ? i think snr margin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

The Consumer Issues forum is where you should post this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

It sounds like your line is grand, but there's either something wrong at the exchange or there's some administration mess-up somewhere along the line meaning you're on the 1Mbps package even though you're paying for 2Mbps.
    I asked " Why arent i set on 2mb connection " he replies " i cant do that , you`ll need to ring the technical department" and hands me a piece of paper with their number. The guy seems to have no clue how to change speeds on connections, altho the last engineer was even dumber he wasnt able to turn on my computer...
    These engineer's jobs are to fix/maintain the lines. They can do nothing regarding changing speeds (that can only be done at the exchange), and they are not expected to do with anything beyond the main phone socket in your house (e.g. your PC, modems, etc.).

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

nuxxx wrote: »

...im too busy with exams / college atm to really get involved with this , but my god.. it is unnaceptable

line stats 9/8 db attenuation
    40 + ? i think snr margin

I sincerely hope that you are not doing an English course!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

They should have told you that you are able to accept the 2meg line.

But seriously, a ring to Eircon and they can have it changed to the proper speed within about 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

File another official complaint with Eircom then speak to comreg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Just a thought,have you rang Broadband support rather than line repairs ?

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

yes thats the number i normally ring
    i think iv rang them all by now several times

is there such thing as eircom putting out crap exchange updates in villages so that only 1 meg can be put out no matter the line stats? or am i being silly

Advertisement