Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the ultimate bar

• 04-04-2008 12:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

anybody eaten in the ultimate bar or had a few pints in there if so whats your view on the place. it looks a bit out of the way. didnt realise that it had changed name till i passed recently.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Is that the place that used to be Flash's ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Isnt that the gay bar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭freebird23

didnt realise it was a gay bar are you sure.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Not 100% sure but I thought I heard it was, or is at certain days of the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

its "gay friendly"

• Advertisement

gay friendly what dose that mean excuse my ignorance

It means the bar doesnt say no to gays. :p

Nah, I assume he means that it is actually a gay bar at least some of the time and that gay people hang out there.

Bare in mind, there is nothing wrong with being gay. Im sure it would be embarasing being straight in a gay bar tho. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Yup, it's a gaybar. In all their advertising material they have that rainbow thing so people don't confuse the place.

So nobody can use the rainbow colours without assumption being made that its gay? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

probably makes better business sense to say its gay friedly as to not exclude either the gay or straight customers,
    the only other gay pub "hush" i think tried to just cater for the gay scene and it didnt last 9 months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭pommers

yep its a gay bar alright, but its upstairs mainly that they have functions i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

What about the todger dodgers can they go there too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

freebird23 wrote: »
    anybody eaten in the ultimate bar or had a few pints in there if so whats your view on the place. it looks a bit out of the way. didnt realise that it had changed name till i passed recently.:confused:

Went in there one day and had lunch and it was crap....

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭pommers

angry_fox wrote: »
    Went in there one day and had lunch and it was crap....

have to agree food is crap!

ok so we have established the fact that its a gay bar. i was more interested in the food side of things and if there was any good food trade there. thanks for the replies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭jimmytheman

food was good whan it was flash's bar - and very busy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

Flash's Food - Good
    Tex Mex Food - Crap
    Ultimate Food - Crap

An interesting comment made about being a "gay friendly bar". Surely at this point in time that we can accept gay people walking into any bar?? Or are some people still that narrow minded?

shapez wrote: »
    An interesting comment made about being a "gay friendly bar". Surely at this point in time that we can accept gay people walking into any bar?? Or are some people still that narrow minded?

Every bar is gay friendly (I assume) but this one seems to be mostly for gay people and some may find this embarasing walking into a gay bar!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

Sully wrote: »
    Every bar is gay friendly (I assume) but this one seems to be mostly for gay people and some may find this embarasing walking into a gay bar!

I think that's a little naive - I know gay couples who have been asked to stop kissing/cuddling in certain establishments to avoid upsetting the other patrons.

Its life. Gay people dont bother me, but I would be uncomfortable sitting in a bar which is full of gay people. Dunno why really, cause it doesnt offend or upset me if I hear someone is gay etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

^ I was referring to your assumption that all bars are gay-friendly, not whether or not you would find it embarrassing/uncomfortable to be in a gay bar.

Anyway, since this has nothing to do with the OP's question perhaps the thread should be split and the relevant parts sent to the LGBT forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

As Sully was saying, I dont have any problem with gay people, but I'd feel majorly uncomfortable being the only straight guy drinking in a bar.

But camp people, that's a different story.
    Can't stand to be in the same room as one.

..OT much?

Gadgie wrote: »
    ^ I was referring to your assumption that all bars are gay-friendly, not whether or not you would find it embarrassing/uncomfortable to be in a gay bar.

Ah well to be fair, id hate to be in a bar with straight couples snogging the face of each other in the corner and iv seen them being asked to stop before. Most bars would have to be gay friendly otherwise they will find them up in court for discrimination!
    Anyway, since this has nothing to do with the OP's question perhaps the thread should be split and the relevant parts sent to the LGBT forum.

Not much to go by, but you have a point so lets kick the topic back on track!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

lol off topic much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭kakak1

kryogen wrote: »
    lol off topic much?

thought it was only the ex staff from here were gay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

kakak1 wrote: »
    thought it was only the ex staff from here were gay

Dear God! you just trawl through all the threads looking for people you know to insult dont you, im on to you old man ;)

ps ill be pm'ing you about something soon!

Advertisement