Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

I will not be getting my car serviced in Kildare again

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Roaster wrote: »
    Why should I give garage the benefit of the doubt?

Up to you, but I've always felt that how a problem is remedied is more important that what happened.
    I told the service manager that the water jets were working on the way in, he just shrugged his shoulders and said they're not now. Now tell me what type of customer service is that?

That's poor customer service, and your statement makes me think that he's not a very good service manager.
    Is that good manners AudiChris?

Absolutely not.
    Surely if they knew the jets weren't working they should have

(i) phoned me to say this isn't working and do you want us to fix i

Did they need to order parts, did have a wiper motor in stock, did they have time to repair it that day - i.e. was fixing it within their power?
    Was any of this part of the conversation you had with the Service Manager?
    or
    (ii) think back to what they've serviced and what could have made this happen.

They definitely should have done this, and any garage worth their salt should be worried that one of their mechanics are doing shoddy work.
    It won't stop me going to a T garage again but not just that one. I love Toyotas and this won't stop me from buying anymore but as I said Kildare will not be getting my business.

Based on this one mistake and no opportunity to fix it...
    As for libelous, get a grip. I said I was 99.99% certain (as per advice from a friend who looked at it and said the lead just couldn't fall out...) but I can't prove it.

You're making statements in a public forum that lowers the reputation of a person/business in the eyes of others. That's the only reason I'd be concerned.
    As I originally said, I just wanted to let people know of my experience (isn't that what a public forum is for). If you wish to go there then by all means go.

General consensus seems to be that you should go back to the garage and see how they recover the situation. If they treat you badly again, scream it from the rooftops and we'll all make sure to tell our friends and neighbours not to get their cars serviced there.
    If they treat you well, you should say that here too - not enough dealers are giving excellent service, I'd love to see a good news story on here for once.
    I'm sorry if you don't agree with my viewpoint but hey that's life!!!

I don't agree or disagree, I'm curious to see what happens next!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Saabdub

King Kelly wrote: »
    I can never understand why people post threads on this board BEFORE going back to the dealership, talking to a manager and explaning they have an issue with the quality/standard/cost of repair carried out to see what their response will be first.

If you are still not satisfied after giving them the opportunity to either resolve the problem or give you an reasonable explanation of their actions you can then complain. Most reputable dealerships have procedures in place to resolve issues like this. While posters from the Kildare area may be able to identify the 'dodgy' dealership from the hints given, it may be that they would be happy to sort out the OP's grievence if given the opportunity.

Like wise it's pointless paying €20 to have a bulb (not) changed and just never going back there ever again. Any company in any industry can make a balls up - its how they deal with the problem that seperates the good guys from the bad .

(BTW I'm a long way from Kildare and don't work in any dealerships there!)

The main reason my wife didn't go back to the Kildare dealer is that she works in Carlow and had to use a days leave to take the car in the first day, she wasn't going to use up a second day to go back. Which is why I picked up a bulb for her on my way home from Halfords and installed it myself and got the brownie points for it:D

Saabdub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭astraboy

At the end of the day people have every right to complain about poor customer service, especially when you are paying so much per hour for labor on your car! I found from living in the US before, people complain LOUDLY:D and often if they get poor customer service, in fact they won't stand for it and demand it.

Don't take shoddy customer service, we live in a free country and you have the right to demand it, don't complain on the internet about it, go to the Garage manager!

I got my car serviced by a local guy this week, something fell off a shelf and put a tiny dent on the door. He apologized over and over and will arrange a time to suit me to fix it for free, on the plus side they will fix a piece of the back bumper at a discount rate, fair enough all in all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I have to disagree about complaining on the web,in my opinion outing rip off merchants,and my local dealer is one big one, is a public service. In my case it's the usualy little things likes 'replacing' working bulbs and filling washers vessels with water that don't need any,little things that cost pennys but add an hour on to the labour charge, at €90 + vat p/h it adds up. If they are doing it to me,they are doing it to everyone.I'll be buying my genuine parts and getting a local I can trust to fit them in future at about 1/3 of the cost.

Advertisement