Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to get a cat

Options
  • 04-04-2008 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

To All,

I had a cat up until about 2 years ago when she was killed by a car crash.

I now think its time to get a new cat.

I'm looking for a tabby type cat, does anyone know where i'd get one, I live in Kildare but would travel up to 60 miles to get it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Cats are so often killed by cars was your origional cat an indoor one that escaped? To be honest if getting another one an idea would be to get one or two and keep them in the house. No point in getting another one if its just going to get run over not saying it was your fault just that with the busy roads these days it may not be worth the risk and the heartache if the cat is allowed out.

Kittenadoption rehome cats and kittens to indoor homes there are also many other rescues you can go to some will only home to indoor homes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭lisaloo

My Cat just had kittens just over a week ago. we have a tabby 1 and its beautiful. you would be more than welcome to have 1 in a few weeks when they are ready. i live in Mountrath, co Laois. pm if you are interested

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭niamh4626

Thats gas, I am origionally from Mountrath myself. When are they ready to be adopted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

You would be better off getting 2 cats/kittens as they are company for each other and what I've seen of cats they like to share the bed and cuddle up together etc!

You'd also be better keeping them indoors with access to a secure run outdoors and you'll also need to get them neutered/spayed, lisaloo, you should get you're cat spayed as soon as her kittens can be weaned, there are already thousands of unwanted cats without adding more to the population. :(

Advertisement