Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just plain stupid: Tattoos

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

drug'ail isnt even a word, its a bAstardisation

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

no, i have a tattoo that is particularly for my partner, and the role he's played in my life to date... ie, the whoever... but it doesnt feature his name at all, it's a polar bear, with some lyrics around it.

Its finished?
    I though you were still in the planning stage.

Is there pictures up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

Wilburt wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I've posted it before in this thread but damn it deserves another look just for sh!ts and giggles. Even after most people on this board telling her it was wrong... she still went ahead with what her 'native gaelic speaking' friends thought was right... :pac: she wouldn't believe me (who spent primary school and before speaking irish) ah still cracks me up.

bad karma i know but oh well

200702230939-pix1.jpg
    i would LOVE to stick her in a backless top and plant her in the middle of fibbs on a thurs night just to see how many people ask her for a hook up! Dumba$$!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

edit: that was for cian..

my polar bear? not *finished*... but i did get it basically all done at once, i just need about 10mins of lettering to do on it to finish it, and no, no pics up... few people on the board have seen it in person at bodmod beers, but it never looks good in pics. it's done over a big enough scar that got badly infected in the healing stages and turned lumpy and purple, and for some reason comes out super obvious in photos.

actually there's one pic done from a distance that doesnt look too bad, ill see if i can find it, but there's a good chance it got lost when i moved house.

the tats im planning at the moment, are, well, getting the end bit of lettering done, which ill do the same time as getting a bit of a touchup for my ankle piece, and then my sleeve.

edit: that was for cian..

my polar bear? not *finished*... but i did get it basically all done at once, i just need about 10mins of lettering to do on it to finish it, and no, no pics up... few people on the board have seen it in person at bodmod beers, but it never looks good in pics. it's done over a big enough scar that got badly infected in the healing stages and turned lumpy and purple, and for some reason comes out super obvious in photos.

actually there's one pic done from a distance that doesnt look too bad, ill see if i can find it, but there's a good chance it got lost when i moved house.

the tats im planning at the moment, are, well, getting the end bit of lettering done, which ill do the same time as getting a bit of a touchup for my ankle piece, and then my sleeve.

Sweet !
    i cant wait to see it when its done!
    I love polar bears. haha :D

• Advertisement

cat_tattoo_01.jpg

i sort of like this one... but come on! hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 16 vathar

Well, probably not the best place to put this one, but it's worth sharing :

diapo_tatouage12.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

is the 7th dwarf......in the crack?

don't think this is in here!

big1828tattoo.jpg

and i sorta love this!

ass-tattoo.jpg

had to laugh at this!

bender-tatoo.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

That bender one is fake tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 16 vathar

Tbh, I posted the seven dwarves here because they're funny, albeit slightly ridiculous. The same could be said of the pac-man and a few others that have appeared in these pages.

They're not really "bad" tattoos, although I wouldn't wear them. They're just a proof that the guy who got them had a warped sense of humour. Why not. At least they're funny and original. I also liked the childlike sheep.

Now the "scott" one eludes me. No significant artistic value, not really funny. Unless there's a very good story behind this tag, I would defo say that this one is worthy of this thread.

Oh, and there was an iguana hidden somewhere that really ran shivers down my spine :(

aye i actually think the pac man one is cool, whereas the scott one is just twitly...the only thing i can think of where there MAY be some sort of connection is I think the guy looks a bit like Adam Sandler....

friend of mine got his girlfriends name tattooed on his arm
    i nearly loafed him
    eejit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

(Great movie)

Yeah their tattoos are awesome! Always thought it was strange they didn't even put fake tattoo on temuera morrison's face for the movie seeing as so many of the others have them.

Why would they put one on him? It would have contradicted his character. Have you even seen the movie?

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Shimei

vathar wrote: »
    They're not really "bad" tattoos, although I wouldn't wear them. They're just a proof that the guy who got them had a warped sense of humour. Why not. At least they're funny and original.

ha ha
    yaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy. im original too!!!

59245851a794423739b412632938l.jpg

FX Meister wrote: »
    Why would they put one on him? It would have contradicted his character. Have you even seen the movie?
    Not in about 15 years... :o
    Not exactly fresh in my mind, I just remember thinking it was amazing...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

mywife-wm.jpg

metrotattoostory1200.jpg
    picoday_tattoo_arm.jpg

Jesus Christ

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

This is actually kinda cool:

SANY0398small.jpg

More info here

I don't think that one belongs in here at all, it's pretty awesome!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Couldn't put it in the "Show me yours" thread though. Still, a Church Of Gaming tattoo? Hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

feylya wrote: »
    This is actually kinda cool:

SANY0398small.jpg

More info here

Hah, just saw that a second ago myself ! Its very well done alright

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Becki-Jay

When i was about 13 i wanted to get the Nike tick on my shoulder!!
    Oh the shame of it..

Thank god i never went trough with it .. NOw ive 2 lovely ones :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

The_Edge wrote: »
    metrotattoostory1200.jpg

Have to say I fully endorse doing such to idiots who insist on getting tattoos in languages they don't know. Lets face it, they're just doing it to seem trendy and cool so a smack with the reality stick could do them some good.

There's a church of gaming?!!? Why wasn't I told?! Finally a religion I could keep up regular worship for. :D

The tattoo artist was a d!ck though for doing that, to purposely do it... but yeah sorta serves him right

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Wilburt wrote: »
    The tattoo artist was a d!ck though for doing that, to purposely do it... but yeah sorta serves him right
    I know.... just saying that I'm far from opposed to this as a harsh lesson. The lad seems to come in contact with many Chinese day-to-day anyway, you think the twit would have just asked some of them to write the phrase out in kanji for him.
    There is the risk that the tattooist could be sued though, but it seems like a bit of a legal grey area in that you've agreed to have something tattooed on you, is it really the legal liability of the tattooist to ensure you know exactly what it is, as to whether the tattooist knowingly put the wrong thing it's difficult to prove, he may have referenced a site that intentionally got them wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

...trippy to say the least

Even worse than that one:
    tattoo-britney_l.jpg
    What were they thinking???

Some technically well done portraits in that site, Jack Black and Christopher Walken for example, but dear god, why????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Evenescent

The_Edge wrote: »

ha ha brilliant :pac: ha ha

Advertisement