Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weekend Predictions 04/04?

• 04-04-2008 1:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭

Fixtures

Friday, 04 April 2008
    Huddersfield v Catalans Dragons, 19:30
    Hull v Bradford, 20:00

Saturday, 05 April 2008
    Harlequins RL v Hull KR, 15:00
    Leeds v Wigan, 18:00
    Sunday, 06 April 2008
    Castleford v St Helens, 15:30
    Wakefield v Warrington, 15:30

Just quote this opening post and add in your own predicions!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

My Prediction (in bold)
    Fixtures

Friday, 04 April 2008
    Huddersfield v Catalans Dragons, 19:30
    Hull v Bradford, 20:00

Saturday, 05 April 2008
    Harlequins RL v Hull KR, 15:00
    Leeds v Wigan, 18:00
    Sunday, 06 April 2008
    Castleford v St Helens, 15:30
    Wakefield v Warrington, 15:30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Friday, 04 April 2008
    Huddersfield v Catalans Dragons If they can replicate home form on the road (fat chance I know), 19:30
    Hull v Bradford: Bulls poor of late and soft victory against Cas last weekend won't have done 'em any favours), 20:00

Saturday, 05 April 2008
    Harlequins RL v Hull KR, 15:00 Close call, but Quins playing some good stuff of late...got a soft spot for the southern Jesses....
    Leeds v Wigan, 18:00, will be closer than most predict though, Headingley will be rocking tomorrow eve...can't wait
    Sunday, 06 April 2008
    Castleford v St Helens, oh dear, massacre of the innocents 15:30
    Wakefield v Warrington playing some lovely stuff,the wolves my dark horse this year, 15:30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

toomevara wrote: »
    Leeds v Wigan, 18:00, will be closer than most predict though, Headingley will be rocking tomorrow eve...can't wait

Not fxxking jealous at all you fxxking lucky bxxtard. :mad::mad:;);):p

I yearn for the nights on The South Stand laughing at the regulars like Elvis and shouting 'Wigan,Wigan, in a girly voice at all the Pie Eaters.

Back when my season ticket cost £65 :eek::eek::eek:

BigDragon wrote: »
    Not fxxking jealous at all you fxxking lucky bxxtard. :mad::mad:;);):p

I yearn for the nights on The South Stand laughing at the regulars like Elvis and shouting 'Wigan,Wigan, in a girly voice at all the Pie Eaters.

Back when my season ticket cost £65 :eek::eek::eek:

... and I'm another exiled Loiner in Ireland. The South Stand back in the old days was great. 56 bus to Headingley, beers in the skyrack, restricted view behind the spiral staircase and proper rugby songs... "from the green green grass of headingley to the isle of sicily...".

Cliffy Lyons, ET, Gibbo, Phil Ford.... Great days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

... and I'm another exiled Loiner in Ireland. The South Stand back in the old days was great. 56 bus to Headingley, beers in the skyrack, restricted view behind the spiral staircase and proper rugby songs... "from the green green grass of headingley to the isle of sicily...".

I was a Paddy exiled in Leeds that discovered league by accident. My memories are EXACTLY liked yours except it was the No 53 from Moortown and Jim Fallon, Garry Schofield, Kevin Iro, Neil Harmon, Alan Tait.

My first game was a 42-42 draw between Leeds and Sheffield Eagles with Darryl Powell playing for the Eagles. I spoke to him some years later and he said he remembered the game as the ref had told the teams it was his last game before retiring and he was going make sure it was an open flowing game....and it didn't disappoint. That game started my addiction. At full time I walked around the corner to the shop and bought my first season ticket and shirt.

• Advertisement

56 still going (just, worst bleedin' bus route in Leeds)...Skyrack gone a bit too studenty of late, but still a good bet on match day...I'm in chapel allerton though so haven't got down that way before a game of late...was so much easier when kicked around kirkstall.....
    BigDragon wrote:
    I was a Paddy exiled in Leeds that discovered league by accident

Exactly the same for me...took three games to get me season ticket tho...hope the freakin' weather picks up a bit for the game..bloody had wind snow and hail so far this morn....

Bloody warriors turned us over..gutted...for some reason I hate losing to Wigan more than any other team....Good value for the win though, brilliant defensive performance on their part and played some really nice rugby.

As for leeds, seemed to be stuck in 3/4th gear for most of the game. Poor line speed in defence, and very lethargic around the play-the ball...Struggled for the first time this season to get out of our own half in a set....also for the first time ran out of ideas in the Wigan 20, unusual to see Rob Burrow crabbing across the line desperately looking for runners..

Ganson, as usual had an indifferent performance (must be the worst ref in Superleague) but our discipline let us down. McLennan reckons its a valuable wake up call...we'll see on Friday when the Wolves arrive at Headingley...

Castleford 30 - St Helens 24:eek: The worlds gone mad this weekend! Fair play to Cas...I thought they were going to be mullered..also realise my predictions are all well, balls, for want of a better term....I knew this years SL was going to be competitive, but flamin' Nora!

Yep, anyteam can beat another this year. Cas beating Saints and Saints out of the top 6.

As for Leeds losing... :(
    Maybe the defeat will do them good. After a few good victories they were starting to believe their own hype.
    If I was McClennan I'd be starting Burgess in front of Scruton, or even Bailey who seems to ruin everything good he does by giving away stupid penalties.

Still onwards and upwards...

Advertisement