Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dark Sector

• 04-04-2008 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Dark Sectors is released today just wondering if anyones got it, getting it, where to get, prices etc. Reviews were less than stellar and i was looking forward to this game, was hoping to rent it from xtravision to see if it was worth the purchase but they don't have it for rental just retail so i thought i'd see what people here thought.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Was hoping to rent, but the local xtravision didn't have it.
    Its €49.99 in Gamestop if you're interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

I have it, and think it's great personally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Mr E wrote: »
    Was hoping to rent, but the local xtravision didn't have it.
    Its €49.99 in Gamestop if you're interested.
    That's amazingly cheap for gamestop :eek: They must be expecting a lot of people to trade it back to them or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭mancduff

gloobag wrote: »
    I have it, and think it's great personally.

Care to expand on that, is it too easy, glitches, enjoyment etc. Might pick this up, trade in DMC4 for it reviews keep saying its ripping off RE4 and Gears but seeing as those are 2 of my favourite games can't see that being a bad thing just hoping its not a 6hr glitch fest and seeing as its probably the last game i get before GTAIV i hoping for a good one. Cheers MrE, i agree thats cheap for gamestop i usually avoid them like the plague.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

mancduff wrote: »
    Care to expand on that, is it too easy, glitches, enjoyment etc. Might pick this up, trade in DMC4 for it reviews keep saying its ripping off RE4 and Gears but seeing as those are 2 of my favourite games can't see that being a bad thing just hoping its not a 6hr glitch fest and seeing as its probably the last game i get before GTAIV i hoping for a good one. Cheers MrE, i agree thats cheap for gamestop i usually avoid them like the plague.

Well, it appears to be glitch free for me so far, I wouldn't class it as easy either, as most of the enemies seem to come equipped with a sackful of grenades which they love to use, so I've had my fair share of deaths. I guess it's a short enough game though, as I'm about halfway through after only a few days of casual play (havn't played it online yet).

I find the gameplay is what is keeping me hooked at the moment, as the story doesn't really grab my attention personally. It pretty much is GOW and RE4 rolled into one, and that's a good thing for me. The game gets a lot deeper the further you get. You gain some cool abilities (Energy Pulse ftw), and some of the enemies get a lot more complicated. Boss battles or almost like a puzzle, as there's no life meter, so half the time you don't even know if you're hurting them. I kinda liked that :)

Overall, I'm very happy with it. It's not perfect, but it will defo grab your attention for a week or two. I just completed Lost Odyssey :cool: the day before I got this, so a no nonsense game like this is just what I needed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

There is a good review by one of our members here:
    http://www.exiledgamers.com/game-reviews-members/16962-dark-sector-reviewed-coyandchris.html

a rental game it seems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

brim4brim wrote: »
    There is a good review by one of our members here:
    http://www.exiledgamers.com/game-reviews-members/16962-dark-sector-reviewed-coyandchris.html

a rental game it seems

I cant read it :(

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭EasyFold

That is fixed now :)
    dazftw wrote: »
    I cant read it :(

Oh Cool, thanks Easy that was fast.

Are you stalking me? :eek:

Or do you have a 6th sense for bugs and posts about the site :D

EasyFold wrote: »
    That is fixed now :)
    HI EASY!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Spotweldjunkie

this is a good game not great but good. like gears of war

this is a good game not great but good. like gears of war

Gears of War was great at the time although I think it was because there was nothing better around.

it's €45 in tesco

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭junglecliff

which tesco..?

artane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Played a little of this last night, so far so good.

The Aftertouch rocks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

which tesco..?

Clarehall have it too. (10pm tonight)

Advertisement