Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need some advice on posting...

Options
  • 04-04-2008 1:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

i am in the middle of doing a project with a large organisation who are looking to develope a website on suicide prevention, we are looking to gain some info from a broad range of people and their experiences we hope to use their experiences in order to get an idea as to what kind of services and information is needed, we are not looking for any personal info from anyone just suggestions.

the reason i am starting this thread is just to avoid any problems i might encounter if i was to start it and have it flagged as inappropriate conversation or anything, i have been looking at a few threads before and the wealth of info is amazing, it really has just reinforced for me that services like this are needed.

so if any one has any advice i would really apreciate it...sorry if this thread is in the wrong place.

thanks

briucd:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Hi Briucd

Anything to assist suicide prevention or help reduce the increasing numbers is a good thing.

I would suggest talking to the forum moderators before you post in a particular forum and being careful about cross posting (posting the same question on more than one forum at a time.

The forum moderators will have a good idea of their audience and if they can assist in the information you are trying to gather.

As long as it is research as opposed to advice, not that we would want to prevent good advice, it just we would want to be very sure that any advice in this area is given by someone qualified to do so. We have had our share of individuals who felt that suicide was the only answer to their problems and to have a link with an organisation that can help would be appreciated by a good number of the mods (and boards.ie) who had experienced these individuals first hand. Its a pretty scary thing when you are faced with it.

V

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 briucd

hey sounds good thanks for the reply, i have used similar sites before and know the nightmare of cross posting and thought the best thing would be to contact some admin first...so just one or two more q's.... where do you reccommend i start the thread i assumed personal issues but just wondered if there is somewhere else it should be?? and secondly how i get in contact with the moderators?? sorry i am so ignorant to this kind of thing but i would rather ask the questions than screw it al up in the process...

i really appreciate the help

briucd:)

Advertisement