Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camping! What's the big deal?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Camping is teh kewl
    One situation where I do camp is on Countdown, but ONLY if a helicopter has been called in. I usually enter one of the sheds, plant claymores and wait for people to run in.

I have found though that it;s better to sit in one corner, kill someone and then move to another corner. That way when the guy you just killed comes back to get you, you can kill him again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Camping is teh kewl

I don't mind someone ducking into a corner if they know you're coming (ie they see you from a window or hear you set off a claymore), but when you see some guys on the killcam, and ALL they do is sit in a corner waiting for someone to walk by....it's lame and I don't see the fun in it.

I don't have a problem with snipers camping, that's a completely different thing tbh.

Well said!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Camping is teh kewl
    Campers have ruined COD4 on PSN.

Ah well, lasted quite a while anyway. Hopefully they don't ruin the new Battlefield so quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

Is this about Dale Winton???
    Rb wrote: »
    Campers have ruined COD4 on PSN.

Ah well, lasted quite a while anyway. Hopefully they don't ruin the new Battlefield so quickly.

Campers have good death to kill ratios where as more aggressive players have more deaths than to kill ratios. This is in large part because of campers.
    My death to kill ratio isn't that good but my score is always in the top 5.
    Most gametrackers track your rank on the score chart and not your death to kill ratio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Campers usually lack imagination. So after a few minutes, you can pretty much guess where they'll be and frag them with a grenade, or shoot them through a wall. I'll drop a grenade at the feet of team mates who are outrageous campers. Gets them moving.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

pirelli wrote: »
    Campers have good death to kill ratios where as more aggressive players have more deaths than to kill ratios. This is in large part because of campers.
    My death to kill ratio isn't that good but my score is always in the top 5.
    Most gametrackers track your rank on the score chart and not your death to kill ratio.

For me its just boring. Sniping properly is completely different. The maps aren't really big enough for proper sniping unless theres only a handful of people in the game.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Camping is teh kewl
    nothing wrong with camping really, but it is frustrating after realising u walked into a trap... or... something...

Camping is teh kewl
    nothing wrong with camping really, but it is frustrating after realising u walked into a trap... or... something...
    Realistically campers should just not bother playing, I mean if they're going to sit in the same spot and wait for people to pass, would you really call that playing? It's bollocks.

COD4 on PSN is absolutely awful to play now because of the campers. Played a few tonight and every single map was f*cking jammed with campers, even Wetwork and Vacant.

750 is max score for TDM on console and despite not playing it too often lately, I think maybe 1/10 hits that now, whereas a few months back almost every game was being maxed before the time limit ran out.

Combined with the god awful online setup of the console COD4, I think the game has had it's day. I suppose that's what happens when you bring online multi-player games to the mass spastics.

Not to mention the shíte excuses for maps they last brought out.

What a shame to see what was a really, really good game being wrecked by retards and shít designers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

Is this about Dale Winton???
    Realistically campers should just not bother playing, I mean if they're going to sit in the same spot and wait for people to pass, would you really call that playing? It's bollocks.

COD4 on PSN is absolutely awful to play now because of the campers. Played a few tonight and every single map was f*cking jammed with campers, even Wetwork and Vacant.

750 is max score for TDM on console and despite not playing it too often lately, I think maybe 1/10 hits that now, whereas a few months back almost every game was being maxed before the time limit ran out.

Combined with the god awful online setup of the console COD4, I think the game has had it's day. I suppose that's what happens when you bring online multi-player games to the mass spastics.

Not to mention the shíte excuses for maps they last brought out.

What a shame to see what was a really, really good game being wrecked by retards and shít designers.

Desperate post RB just desperate; Join a team and play on a clan server.

Mass spastics ! and Retards ! :

wtf-1.gif

I don't agree that it is the end for COD4. As a game it is in fact still gaining popularity. Better than space invaders or pac man.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

Camping is teh kewl

I suppose that's what happens when you bring online multi-player games to the mass spastics.

i am guessing you mean console gamers......do you play cod4 on pc.

• Advertisement

Camping is teh kewl
    I think camping is gaining in popularity but not necessarily at the point where the game has been ruined. Last week I played about 4 FFA games with the same 7 people and it was incredibly quiet. I lost the first game badly getting only a couple of kills and getting killed by campers all the time. I won the rest of the games by simply lobbing cooked grenades into known camping spots or hanging around the entrances to known camping spots and knifing the guys as they tried to get there. Another tactic I used was laying claymores and C4 near popular camping spots.

After that I got tired and joined new games that were proper order FFA with lots of action :)

Camping is teh kewl
    Indie18 wrote: »
    i am guessing you mean console gamers......do you play cod4 on pc.
    Yep. I play it on the PS3, but before I got the PS3 I played online games on the PC only.

r3nu4l: Just played some FFA there, under the belief that the structure of the game might reduce the amount of campers. Absolutely crammed with them, then moved to some mTDM, same story.

I, at least, think the game has been destroyed by them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Camping is teh kewl
    don't really mine people camping all the much tbh. I do it sometimes but prefer mostly to run around moving people down with the shottie. It does annoy me is when yur playing search and destroy and ye your side is playing the bombing side, they r the only ones left and don't bother trying to get the bomb and plant. Think thats really lame

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Yep. I play it on the PS3, but before I got the PS3 I played online games on the PC only.

r3nu4l: Just played some FFA there, under the belief that the structure of the game might reduce the amount of campers. Absolutely crammed with them, then moved to some mTDM, same story.

I, at least, think the game has been destroyed by them.

Try play headquarters. Even though it breeds camping, you know where they are and you re-spawn(they don't). It turns it into a part of the game and is quite fun.

Camping is teh kewl
    Y

Sorry RB, I should have clarified my post. All those games were FFA but for some reason the first few I played were jammed with campers but the when I left that game, rejoined the lobby and found new games, there was only 1camper :)

Last night I played a series of games that had 2 guys camping and once I knew where they were and racked up kills against them when they repeatedly returned to their camping spots, they changed strategy and began playing :) W00t!! :)

One of them was a bloody good player though so in the end I think I preferred it when he was camping :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Cato

I never camp
    I love hq modes it takes "skillfull" team camping to win :)

Camping is teh kewl
    I was talking to a guy who spent his time camping in every game last night. I asked him why he was camping and it turns out that he's trying to complete all the 'headshot' challenges with assault rifles so he's camping to get headshot kills.

I can understand that reason, it's easier to get headshots if you are in a more prone position and don't have to worry about someone sneaking up behind you...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭earlyevening

I never camp
    I'm in exactly that position. I'm trying to complete M14 headshots and camping is the only way to do it.

Camping is teh kewl
    Try play headquarters. Even though it breeds camping, you know where they are and you re-spawn(they don't). It turns it into a part of the game and is quite fun.
    Great idea, cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭ToughyIRE

Camping is teh kewl
    It seems most players camp because they are uncapable of moving and shooting at the same time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

i rarely camp although if i'm using a sniper in a good position i see no wrong in doing it

Advertisement