Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Not just Italy, then

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

BBC callling it a PL player.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I fully expect this to be swept under the carpet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

KdjaCL wrote: »
    BBC callling it a PL player.

kdjac

A PL player fixed a match for 50 grand? Sure most starting players would make that in a week at least. Sounds like poor journalism

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

"if the player got himself sent off"..... mm mascherano maybe :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

"the player – who has a Premiership club on his CV"

In fairness, that could be anyone in the lower leagues.

What are the odds it's someone playing league 1 or 2, who managed a subbed appearnece for some mid table PL side.

Not saying that it makes the alleged bribe any less serious, but I hate OTT journalism which rely on inconsequential facts to sell a story.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Fixing the card count is actually a great way to fix a bet. must have been a clever boy

Not quite the same, but a friend of mine's sister goes out with a championship player. He plays with a premiership player who spent at least 10 years in the premiership, as a starting player.

Anyway's, he told me that his sister's boyfriend (the championship player) told him that this player would regularly time when he got his fifth yellow in order to order to head away with the lads. He'd have 4 yellows, and then one of his mates would give him enough notice of when the next cheeky boys weekend away was, so as to put him on notice of when he needs to get his fifth booking.

I was told that on one occasion, a last minute trip was organised so he needed to get a red the previous weekend to make sure he could go.

Thing is, I wasn't suprised one bit given the footballer in question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Not quite the same, but a friend of mine's sister goes out with a championship player. He plays with a premiership player who spent at least 10 years in the premiership, as a starting player.

Anyway's, he told me that his sister's boyfriend (the championship player) told him that this player would regularly time when he got his fifth yellow in order to order to head away with the lads. He'd have 4 yellows, and then one of his mates would give him enough notice of when the next cheeky boys weekend away was, so as to put him on notice of when he needs to get his fifth booking.

I was told that on one occasion, a last minute trip was organised so he needed to get a red the previous weekend to make sure he could go.

Thing is, I wasn't suprised one bit given the footballer in question.

Ckubs should instantly put an end to crap like that by making the whole first team squad attend games, whether they are banned, injured or just rested.

Stekelly wrote: »
    Ckubs should instantly put an end to crap like that by making the whole first team squad attend games, whether they are banned, injured or just rested.

I'm sure some do. But just as I wasn't suprised by the player's actions, I wasn't suprised that he got away with it given his managers at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

lol id really love to know who that was!! clever boy.

• Advertisement

Mad_Max wrote: »
    lol id really love to know who that was!! clever boy.

That would be telling now, wouldn't it :D

Ah no, I would happily divulge but I know it would cause grief for the mods and what not, so I won't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Anyone posting anything libelous will be banned. On the spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I think Wenger said it best. Lifetime ban for anyone found guilty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Sherifu wrote: »
    I think Wenger said it best. Lifetime ban for anyone found guilty.

Wenger says a lot, on the condition that it's not applied to his players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Stekelly wrote: »
    Wenger says a lot, on the condition that it's not applied to his players.

in this case he's spot on though. it should be dealt with as severely as possible.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

oops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Jazzy Banned.

I'm not joking,.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

DesF wrote: »
    I fully expect this to be swept under the carpet.
    Maybe 5-10 years ago. Certainly not now.

Advertisement