Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Caravan Park Charges

• 04-04-2008 3:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Are Caravan & Camping Parks pricing themselves out of the Market? Looking through the 2008 Failte Ireland Caravan & Camping Guide I notice that the majority of sites are now charging 20 euro plus electricl charge for a unit plus 2 persons. The best value appears to be The Apple Caravan Park at Cahir.www.theapplefarm.com 12 euro per night and showers are free and you even get a free bottle of Apple juice. You are free to wander through the Orchards and pick fruit in season at no extra charge. We camper or motorhome owners as some like to call them should be supporting sites like this one. I have no connection with the site but have been to it on two occasions.

All that is needed by a fellow camper is a safe place to park up for the night. We can manage without,electrical hook-up, water and toilet facilities for a night or two.

Support the sites who are below average price.:):):)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

I agree that prices are rising but isn't everything...
    I don't object when it's a deacent well kept site. Some sites we've been to are terriable with poor toilet/shower facilities and generally badly run. I hate paying extra for showers & awnings which I feel should be included.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭chrisblack

The night I spent down in Adrigole last week cost me (and 4 children) €18 including electricity and hire of a hook up cable, which I thought was reasonable... although that was my first experience of an overnight.

Perhaps we can set up a sticky where people post up the prices they are paying this season... we may be able to shame some of the sites into lowering their prices?????

Chris

chrisblack wrote: »
    The night I spent down in Adrigole last week cost me (and 4 children) €18 including electricity and hire of a hook up cable, which I thought was reasonable... although that was my first experience of an overnight.

Perhaps we can set up a sticky where people post up the prices they are paying this season... we may be able to shame some of the sites into lowering their prices?????

Chris

That's a good idea, I know they all publish their prices but it could be a handy reference.
    We stayed in Dundonald least week, very basic site but clean, well run and activities close by. Two adults, 2 children & electricity for €22 per night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭chrisblack

Hmmmm.....
    We stayed in Dundonald

My geography isn't too great... may also be an idea to say what county/region the site is in... I noticed someone else had to ask where Adrigole was...

Chris

Dundonald, about a 20 minute bus ride from Belfast City centre.
    http://www.theicebowl.com/template1.asp?pid=213&area=1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 wohnmobile

Another thing that I can't understand, if I arrive with a car and caravan that is acepted as a unit with two people, but if I arrive with a camper and car on tow , there is an extra charge for the car. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭KoNiT

paid €29 in Adare during Easter this year

Carmac Valley was €29 last year & its a corpo site..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭bido

Have to agree with most of the above ,Just got the new book and all the prices seem to have increased, as someone said if the park is clean and have reasonable facilities it might justify the increases.

There are a lot of sites in that book that should'nt be open.

They were named on www.campsitereview.com over the last two years most of them were in the midlands and we visited all of them we dont go by hearsay. :) bido

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

€30 per night for 2 adults and two children including hook up is not bad when you consider other overnight stay options such as B&B, hotels etc
    You have to put it into perspective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭KoNiT

Don't mind paying the money as long as the campsite doesn't look like the back end of a slatted house with all the features..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭bido

Don't mind paying the money as long as the campsite doesn't look like the back end of a slatted house with all the features........

That is a good description of some of them:)
    Bido

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 wohnmobile

*Kol* wrote: »
    €30 per night for 2 adults and two children including hook up is not bad when you consider other overnight stay options such as B&B, hotels etc
    You have to put it into perspective.

Yes but have you considered what you paid for your camper fuel insurance and road tax. I am sure you would have many nights in a a first class hotel for the cost of the camper. I think that the top price including electrical hook up should be 25 euro for a family per night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

wohnmobile wrote: »
    Yes but have you considered what you paid for your camper fuel insurance and road tax. I am sure you would have many nights in a a first class hotel for the cost of the camper. I think that the top price including electrical hook up should be 25 euro for a family per night.

It’s a reality that you won’t get much for €25 these days. Why should a campsite charge you less because you have invested a lot of money in your MH? Regardless of your situation they still have overheads to pay for the upkeep of the site, staff etc.

BTW I think you should divide the cost of a night for a family staying in a “top class” hotel into the value of your motorhome and see how many nights you get. (Don’t forget you will still have to get to the hotel car, flight etc and eat in the hotel). You wont get as many nights as you would think.

Advertisement