Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

we're on to you!

Options
  • 04-04-2008 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭

Friday afternoon, feeling a bit frisky,

so...ye know when someone starts a thread and they go on "Does anybody know about this band...heard a song on the radio and it's great" etc...

can we reasonably assume that in this internet age with volumes of information but a click away from us (which the OP has obviously...or they wouldn't be able to be on Boards...) that this mischevious poster is in fact the artist they are referring to???

I don't have anything against it really, I'm being a bit mischevious meself by bringing it up I suppose but its Friday and time for something light-hearted.

So what % do you think are the artists themselves? I would hazard 70-80%

Or are people just that lazy??

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Friday afternoon, feeling a bit frisky,

so...ye know when someone starts a thread and they go on "Does anybody know about this band...heard a song on the radio and it's great" etc...

can we reasonably assume that in this internet age with volumes of information but a click away from us (which the OP has obviously...or they wouldn't be able to be on Boards...) that this mischevious poster is in fact the artist they are referring to???

I don't have anything against it really, I'm being a bit mischevious meself by bringing it up I suppose but its Friday and time for something light-hearted.

So what % do you think are the artists themselves? I would hazard 70-80%

Or are people just that lazy??

I've never done it, but I would suspect its rife.

So, hey, ever hear of this band SDM? I hear they are excellent. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I think they'd be found out pretty quickly.

Visit our myspace page
    only joking!

how come? set up a new profile, post thread, don;t be too bullish about the artist...no-one has any real reason to suspect them...except for the reasons above of course ..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

how come? set up a new profile, post thread, don;t be too bullish about the artist...no-one has any real reason to suspect them...except for the reasons above of course ..
    Most posters are not stupid, they see a new user turn up banging on about a band it'll be taken with a pinch of salt. The readers will make up their own minds and tbh if the band is any good everyone wins. Any blatent advertising/promotion would be stamped out by the mods.

• Advertisement

ah yeah, as I say, I've nowt against it...just throwin it out there. I suppose can hardly expect anyone who's been duped to come online and advertise their stupidity too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Must happen all the time on certain forums.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Don't think it happens too often on boards, got any examples of suspicious threads?

Advertisement