Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Query: Countdown map

• 04-04-2008 3:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

The one with the missile silos.

I was playing FFA last night (regular, not Old School) and noticed something strange.

So on the map attached the area in red represents the armoured, mobile missile launcher (with catepillar tracks). There was a guy sniping from the top of the missiles. I tried getting up there and can get up on top of the launcher but not on top of the missiles.

The diagram below represents where I want to be :D
    So how do I get there? Anyone here able to do this? I've never seen that before.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

LOVING THE PIC!!!!
    Youtube it. There will be a vid showing you. I would post a link but alas, i'm lazy.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

LOVING THE PIC!!!!

:D I like to illustrate my point! As you can see my artistic ability knows no beginnings :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

They get there from the back of the vehicle, I watched a sniper do it then shot him in the back. Looked like he was jumping for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Not sure bout' the one you coloured in, but the other missile silo is pretty handy getting up to. Just hop on that burnt out jeep, jump on those barrier things, and run and jump onto the back of the silo.

I did it from the front of the vehicle tonight :) It takes a bit of practice and I'm not sure it's really worth it tbh.

I usually use overkill so I have a sniper rifle and an RPD with red dot sight :) I prefer to snipe, run, snipe, run etc. That way it avoids the people ho hunt down snipers...although I do sometimes deliberately fire off a few sniper rounds and wait for people to come to me looking for an easy kill, then they get a nasty surprise when they're taken out by the RPD :D: D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

did u draw that. i thought that was actually a picture from the game. where did u learn to draw like that?:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

He drew the second one, not the first.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

The second one is actually a screenshot - he's using Kamikazi's custom config. Looks a little basic but gets 4000FPS :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

haha^^

High FPS & low graphics > Low FPS & shiny graphics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

did u draw that. i thought that was actually a picture from the game. where did u learn to draw like that?:eek:
    LOL!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

KamiKazi wrote: »
    High FPS & low graphics > Low FPS & shiny graphics.
    True if you want to be a PGM! For fun though, people usually prefer Low FPS & shiny graphics...

KamiKazi wrote: »
    He drew the second one, not the first.....

That's right, although I appreciate it's hard to tell the difference between the two :pac::pac:

I actually robbed the screen shot pic* from another website so I've no idea what they used to get it. :)

*that's the first one, in case anyone still isn't clear :D

Advertisement