Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

J1-er, ...............BOSTON.........

• 04-04-2008 4:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

S'up Dudes

Myself and two mates are going to Boston for the Summer months, we seem to have the city fairly sussed threw our Online research, Chatting to people etc...
    Just wondering about accomoadation options, has anyone any ideas or reccomendations here? we kinda want to be in the middle of things and surrounded by other like-minded young people, who just wana party basically.... any suggestions will be cherished!!! :p

>Would also love to hear any other j1 travellers thoughts on their previous trips to Boston also.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

did my j1 last yr in boston, lived in an area called allston.if ya go on google maps or googleearth the centre of allston is the junction of brighton and harvard avenue.out of all the areas in boston we seen we definately had the best. bars,clubs,offlicences, a million restaurants, internet cafe, and the tram into the centre on our doorstep-20 mins to downtown.
    allston is a student area, harvard across the river,boston college in one direction and boston university in another.the street we lived on, didnt see one family or old person living on it.everyone aged under 30 or so and we went to lods of randomers houses for parties. we were on the ground floor with people above us.they didnt complain once and we made ****loads of noise.everyone there is on the same wavelength.
    its close to brighton too which is a very irish area of boston where a lot of j1ers lived and has a few irish pubs that arent strict on id.
    only downside was that it was a trek to the beach, apart from that cant fault the area, loads going on, felt safe.if ya want any more info on it pm me, i cant recommend there enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

im going to boston for the summer too but will be living about an hour outside boston (goin on my own too which should be odd)as iv been guaranteed a job there but op if you can pm me sum of the links to stuff you have found on the weba bout boston that would be great as i always have a hard time finding good info on places

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 gemmz

I found a fantastic apartment in the Allston area of Boston. Really big in size with 4 bedrooms, have been talking to the landlord and he seems bang on. i think we'd easily fit 5/6/7 people into this place the more we organise the more we'd cut the rent...
    Only thing is with college etc.. i'm just not able to take on this responsibility, if anyone has a group of friends coming to Boston and needs acc, i'll pass them on the details of this gaf, and myself and my friend will share the place with you.
    Looking forward to any replies,
    PM me if you need further details etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Smythy1987

Thinkin of staying in a frat house for the summer in boston.. Has any1 else ever done this before and would ye reccomend it? Heard its cheap and the best fun ever!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 colm6mw

i'm doing the j1 in boston myself too and i'm looking for info/people to flat/house share with-what's rent like in allston?anyone have any more info on good starting points for jobs,housing etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 colm6mw

just been looking up allston on google and it looks savage,so if anyone is looking to house/flat share PM me!

Advertisement