Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar right haded or left handed or both?

Options
  • 04-04-2008 4:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Just wondering is the Guitar left handed or right handed or does it really matter. Never played guitar before. left handed. just about to buy it on the wii and thought would it matter. any help??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Katniss everMean

Its both :) its default settings are right, but in options section you can turn it onto left and just turn the guitar around. There are also different places for the strap to attach to to make it more comfy for a lefty :)

Also if your playing with a friend there is a fast option while in play to just flip the fret board so its really nicely designed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

The guitars are right handed. You can turn on lefty flip to play left handed but your whammy bar will be on the top of the guitar instead of the bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

The whammy bar being at the top works in the lefty's favour - you can cradle the whammy during ordinary play with a bare minimum of effort, you never have to go reaching for it when there's a long held note coming. I'm left handed, I have no problem playing with the Wiitar, have a couple of lefty friends who are the same. That said, your les paul is upside down which looks a bit ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

A friend of mine who is also a lefty has no problems with the righty guitar upside down. In fact she has the bar positioned so that she can push it down with her forearm while she's strumming. :)

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 trb 93

mailblaney wrote: »
    Just wondering is the Guitar left handed or right handed or does it really matter. Never played guitar before. left handed. just about to buy it on the wii and thought would it matter. any help??

it does not matter it could be left or right handed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭brennaldo

a little tip, if your right handed and you want to do the career left handed, just look at the t.v through a mirror. it works

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭danbhala

brennaldo wrote: »
    a little tip, if your right handed and you want to do the career left handed, just look at the t.v through a mirror. it works

really?! I must give that a shot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭slimbun

danbhala wrote: »

Yup, thats how I got the achievement for clearing the career on lefty mode, played through easy while looking at the TV through the reflection on my laptop screen. Bit awkward but once you get used to it its fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭brennaldo

danbhala wrote: »

yeah i was suprised myself when someone told me, but yeah it does work if you can set it up right

Advertisement