Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with mira elite

Options
  • 04-04-2008 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

I've recently installed a mira elite electric shower into a new house. it's a nightmare. it's either scalding hot or freezing cold. if you try and adjust the water temp slightly down, after around 2 or 3 mins it goes ice cold, if you try turn it slightly up it goes scalding hot. also the low flow light comes on every now and then. any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

I've recently installed a mira elite electric shower into a new house. it's a nightmare. it's either scalding hot or freezing cold. if you try and adjust the water temp slightly down, after around 2 or 3 mins it goes ice cold, if you try turn it slightly up it goes scalding hot. also the low flow light comes on every now and then. any ideas?

It could well be the water pressure feeding the shower...

I've never taken a mira elite apart, but if its like the Mira sport water pressure can play a massive part in the correct operation of the shower... Again if its like the mira sport the temperature of the water is varied by changing its flow rate, eg reduce flow rate increase temp, or increase flow rate decrease temp.

As the shower is new i doubt your input filter is blocked...

What was is the shower plumbed in? what other things are fed from the same supply? did it ever work correctly?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭The Waxbill

Sorry, it's a mira sprint, not an elite (don't know what i was thinking lol). it's the one without an integral pump and it's mains fed. it could be a water pressure problem but how do i check the water pressure. the toilets and sinks in the bathroom are tank fed? bathroom is upstairs, water pressure seems ok downstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Sorry, it's a mira sprint, not an elite (don't know what i was thinking lol). it's the one without an integral pump and it's mains fed. it could be a water pressure problem but how do i check the water pressure. the toilets and sinks in the bathroom are tank fed? bathroom is upstairs, water pressure seems ok downstairs.

You'll need to find out what's feeding the shower... if it doesn't have the integral pump i'm guessing its mains fed.

If it is mains feed, what's your mains pressure like? is your mains shut off valve open all the way?? does the shower work fine until someone turns on the tap in the kitchen?? or does it work fine till the tank in the attic starts to fill?

I fixed a mira sport a few weeks ago for my brother. The symptoms were similar to yours, the input filter was blocked. I doubt your input filter is blocked as your shower is only new... but it sounds like yours could be low water pressure.

Advertisement