Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Confession Box

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Sligo Rovers

- Thought Sean Connor done a decent job for us
    - Thought Paul Cook would fail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,917 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Bubs101 wrote: »
    - Was unbelievably angry with Ranieri when he started playing Cech ahead of Cudicini despite Carlo being amazing for us.

Didn't Cech arrive after Ranieri had been let go? (i.e. in the summer, even though he was signed on a pre contract during the winter before).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 545 ✭✭✭shanel23

Leeds fan

- I really thought Terry Venables was a good move for us

- I never thought we would be relegated from the Prem

- I thought we'd completely flop under Denis Wise

- I was sad when O'Leary was sacked

- I really thought that the club that made millioinaires out of many medicore to good players would have been shown some loyalty in it's greatest need !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Liverpool fan
    Thought money spent on Torres was complete madness.
    Still think pongolle would be first choice in an advanced position if he was still at the club.
    Thought it was a huge mistake not to buy stelios for 10m when we had the chance, look at him now!
    Wanted benitez sacked after the barnsley match

United fan

- Was baffled when Ince, Hughes and Kanchelskis were sold and thought fergie had lost his mind!

- Thought Barthez was the answer

- Thought Kleberson would be great

- Have never called for Fergie to be sacked ever no matter how illogical that would be (last in the CL group stage only a couple of years ago)

- Think Queiroz is the man and hope he doesnt leave again

- Thought Veron was going to be amazing

- Thought Anderson was rubbish the first few times I saw him

- Used to hate Gary Neville up until "crestgate"

- Was sad to see Alan Smith leave

- Thought the Glazers were gonna ruin United

- Think Wes Brown is a top defender

- Think Ryan Giggs needs to retire (this will be a popular one around here) despite the fact that I said the same a about 4-5 years ago when he lost form and he came back amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

United fan: In the last couple of years

- Thought Smith would be a good player after his first few games, how wrong I was

- Thought the Glaziers would keep similar levels of transfer spends, totally wrong

- Have written off Giggs countless times at this stage, he always comes good. [I'm hopeful :P]

- Thought David Jones would make it at United.

- Never thought Rossi would be sold [but knew how ****ing good he was]

- Thought it might be Liverpools year a couple of years ago

- Thought Kleberson could have been a good player at United

- Constantly think that Spurs are going to come good one season, including next season :)

I notice DesF hasn't been in this thread :P

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,339 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Leeds fan

- Agree with shanel23, I thought Wise would drag the club down even further than it had already gone.

- I thought Peter Ridsdale would be good for the club because as a fan he'd have its best interests at heart.

- I wasn't happy when Gordon Strachan signed because of where he'd come from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

PHB wrote: »

oh he's been in alright. he thanked your original post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

astrofool wrote: »
    Didn't Cech arrive after Ranieri had been let go? (i.e. in the summer, even though he was signed on a pre contract during the winter before).

Actually yeah, that sounds about right. Needless to say I was so pissed off about Carlo not getting his chance I forgot when it was

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

PHB wrote: »

nah, we've had enough man utd fans confessing already :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Bubs101 wrote: »
    - Still think Vialli should be manager

Amen to that, dear sir.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I'm a Liverpool fan and the one thing I recall from World Cup 2002 was not Diouf but Diao. I was sure he was going to be immense for Liverpool. Sadly that was not the case!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

As a United fan:

- Think Cantona bottled it in European games.
    - Thought Laurent Blanc would be a great buy and would work well with Barthez.
    - Ran around in the middle of the road with two United friends after we won the CL in 1999.
    - Felt we should've bought Kluivert instead of Yorke at the time.
    - Thought Veron was a good player for us, particularly in Europe.
    - Wanted us to sign Trevor Sinclair after seeing him score 'that' bicycle kick for Sheff Wed against us in 96.
    - Thought Kleberson and the Djemba twins would be great buys.
    - Thought Chris Casper would make it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

- Wanted us to sign Trevor Sinclair after seeing him score 'that' bicycle kick for Sheff Wed against us in 96.

Hmmm I always thought 'that' bicycle kick was the one he scored for QPR against Barnsley in 97. Don't remember one as good against United. Plus he never played for Wednesday :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Hmmm I always thought 'that' bicycle kick was the one he scored for QPR against Barnsley in 97. Don't remember one as good against United. Plus he never played for Wednesday :confused:

My apologies I meant QPR... the colors made me think Sheff Wed.

Maybe I'm imagining things (the goal) but he was in good form that year from memory.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Man U fan

- Thought selling Van Nistelrooy was gonna kill the club
    - Thought Forlan, Kleberson and Djemba-Djemba would all be terrific signings
    - Have, at certain times, wondered whether Ferguson had done as much as he could have and perhaps was "past it". I'm ashamed of myself for having ever doubted him:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

As a Liverpool fan, I thought:
    Mark Gonzalez and Craig Bellamy would be first-team mainstays for several years
    Milan Baros was the best striker in Europe following on from scoring five goals at Euro 2004
    Jamie Carragher and Steven Gerrard were only good enough for mid-table Premiership teams
    We'd win the Premiership each year from 2001-2003 and 2006-2008

As for football in general, I believed that:
    Argentina would win the last two World Cups
    The Euro 2004 final would see Italy playing England
    Freddy Adu was going to take the world by storm
    Southampton would qualify for the Champions League in 2003-04 (I kid you not)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Just thought of another one. I remember when David Thompson and Steven Gerrard were first breaking into the Liverpool team (1997-1998 or so) I thought Thompson was the much better prospect and that Gerrard was quite a limited player :o.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Thought there was no chance in hell that Torres and Crouch would start alongside each other tonight and Rafa would play it ultra defensively - even by his standards....!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

I'm not a United fan, but . . .

- I thought that when Fergie signed Vidic and Evra, that they were awful signings :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I'm not a United fan, but . . .

- I thought that when Fergie signed Vidic and Evra, that they were awful signings :pac:

So did most people really.

Took there time to settle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Liverpool fan

- I miss Champions League winner Djimi Traore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

SantryRed wrote: »
    So did most people really.

Took there time to settle.

Honestly I knew Vidic would be class.I was suprised how bad he started. I thought Evra would be shipped off by now though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Duzzie

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Southampton fan.

That is also my confession.
    I feel your pain there. These are truely dark days for us Saints fans.

Advertisement