Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green V's Blue Horse Passport

• 04-04-2008 5:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know the exact differences between the two?

I thought green passports were only given to a horse where both sire and dam of the horse in question were bred in ireland and blue passports were given to horses not bred in ireland? Or is it that a blue book given to a horse by a stallion that was not approved by the IHB?

Im confused now because someone told me a blue passport is issued when paretange of the horse cannot be proven. :(

Whats the case here? My mare has a blue passport but all of her breeding is recorded and proven as far as i was concerned, dont have it here to check but im nearly positive that was the case...

Can anybody enlighten me further? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

As far as im aware the green passport is for horses with proven parentage and at least one parent is of irish blood.

The blue is when breeding is not certain.

I never took much notice in it because one of my best horses had a good ol blue passport.

Passports are a joke sometimes. I've seen some doctored to forge ages, and pedigree. Well blue ones anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭napoles

If your mare is not by an approved stallion she won't have a green passport. To the best of my knowledge these are only issued to horses by approved stallions (I think there are some exceptions, i.e. mares that achieve premium broodmare status etc) and with full breeding recorded.

One of my horses has a blue passport even though all his pedigree is recorded because he is by an S1 stallion.

My Lusitano had a blue passport that was issued with him in Portugal, but I think all their passports are blue. :) The Dutch KWPN do wine coloured ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

My mare is by Radolin, hes not approved by the IHB and i understood that was why she had a blue passport.

Her DNA was blood typed for her father lines and her mothers lines are proven :confused:

Must check her passport again, im pretty sure the reason she was issued a blue passport is because her father was not approved by the IHB... Her parentage is defo marked as proven on her book. Ill have to report back on this one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭napoles

That'll be why. If he's not approved she won't have a green passport.

Advertisement