Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coffee Bean Mixes

Options
  • 04-04-2008 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭

I've been buying pretty much every type of coffee beans I can off Ariosa and M&D's in Dublin and trying to mix and match them to see which gives a better flavour.

Heres what i've found to work well for my filter coffee:

3 tblsp of Ariosa's Costa Rican + 3.5 tblsp of M&D's Cuban

3 tblsp of M&D's French Roast Columbian + 3.5 tblsp of Ariosa's Kenyan

4 tblsp of M&D's St. Augustine + 2.5 tblsp of M&D's Java

Does anyone else have any recommendations, where they got the coffee and how they made it?

EDIT: Sorry should of stated the above mixes are to make 5 standard cups of coffee

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

I've been wondering about mixing up the beans but have not tried it out yet. I typically go for the Bewleys French Roast or an Espresso Bean. Not a fan of the Columbian types of coffee. Do you mix the beans in the hopper or after they've been ground?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

hshortt wrote: »
    I've been wondering about mixing up the beans but have not tried it out yet. I typically go for the Bewleys French Roast or an Espresso Bean. Not a fan of the Columbian types of coffee. Do you mix the beans in the hopper or after they've been ground?

I mix the beans in the grinder. I personally don't like columbian much either (at least when its dark roasted) so i'll usually offset its slightly tart taste with a sweeter arabica bean, maybe Kenyan, Costa Rican or Sumatran

Advertisement