Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redevelopment of colbert station

Options
  • 04-04-2008 6:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

does anyone have any links to the new proposed station at all? i saw some sketch ages ago but wasent very good. anyone have any links?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

There was an article with pictures on Tuesday Night's leader!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

It will take 2 years... hmm

Looks impressive all the same, when can we expect work to begin?

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Goofy

When can we expect this to start? Seen plans for what there doing to Kent station in Cork, big redevelopment there aswel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

About bloody time is all I can say, the current stations is a joke, its so run down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

It's not as bad as ye make it out to be!
    The only fault I can find with Colbert Station is it's location.
    Parnell St is what really needs redevelopment!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭RINO87

It's not as bad as ye make it out to be!
    The only fault I can find with Colbert Station is it's location.
    Parnell St is what really needs redevelopment!

agreed. what a horrible horrible part of town. It has so much potential, its such a wide street and im sure none of the buildings are listed, surely as its the gateway to the town for so many people something can be done while theyre trying to improve the rest of the city.

parnell street and william street are some of the most depressing parts of town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

It's amazing how run down Parnell st. is. With a 10 year boom you'd think someone would have done something there.

It's amazing how run down Parnell st. is. With a 10 year boom you'd think someone would have done something there.
    I'm more concerned with them fixing William St 1st to be honest...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

1huge1 wrote: »
    I'm more concerned with them fixing William St 1st to be honest...

Yeah, but we know the refurbishment of William St. is due to start this Autumn. There's no plans of anything for Parnell st. afaik.

William St must be one of the worse city centre streets in Ireland, hopefully the refurbishment will change that.

Advertisement